Video tutorials and demos: http://crosstec.de/en/joomla-cck-demos.html
The main task for ContentBuilder is to structure Joomla!® content (articles) while preserving content layouts - but you can do a lot more with it, including:
* Classified Ads
* Contact Forms
* Article Submission
* Basic Communities
* Paid Content
* File Directories (Upload/Download)
* File Selling
* Image Galleries
* Extended Joomla! registrations, including Captcha and paid registrations
* List/Details views (Record Display)
* …or regular CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations on your data.
Supports CSV Import!
Joomla!®'s article system is not replaced. ContentBuilder provides list/details views by default that can act as administrative panels. It also creates regular content items if desired, which you may use on your site just like any other content -- without the need of core replacements.
Additionally, you can use ContentBuilder to control user permissions for several actions, such as content access, content editing, rating, article parameter settings, publishing, etc.
ContentBuilder provides a well-defined plugin infrastructure to enhance its capabilities:
* Content (extended ratings, image resizing, downloads or any other content plugin available)
* Form Elements
* Form Validation
* List Actions (select records and perform actions on them)
* Verification (think of payments and coupons)
* Themes (yes, even themes are pluggable)
There is a variety of plugins that ship with ContentBuilder already, such as PayPal payment, image resizing (thumbnails, modal details), downloads, list actions and common form validations. Plugins and modules like Advanced Search, Videos and Article Selection Form Element are available seperatly from download page.
ContentBuilder offers an easy-to-use integrated form builder that can operate on the data source of your choice.
For our BreezingForms fans, you might be interested to know that it also integrates perfectly with ContentBuilder (http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/contacts-and-feedback/forms/4709).
*** NOTE: version 1.0 is in the works. The current version may be used in production already ***