The killer features
- FULL JOOMLA! ACL & MULTILINGUAL SUPPORT
- Streamlined administrator interface
- Rich subscription levels (subscription packages) editor which allows you to choose different images for each of your subscriptions and even a different order confirmation and order cancellation text to show to your users.
- The easiest subscription management interface you've seen on a component. It will even show you your users' faces, powered by Gravatar.
- Users can upgrade or expand (renew) their subscriptions. Renewing a subscription will create a new subscription which becomes valid the very second their old one expires. Users do not lose any of their subscription time when renewing, unlike most other subscription systems out there.
- Discount coupon codes which allow you to set an absolute money value or percentage discount for all or a specific subscription level and user, have publish up/publish down dates or a usage limit (e.g. the coupon code is valid only for the first 100 people to use it) – or a combination of any and all of the above!
- Automatic discounts for upgrading or renewing subscriptions based on the subscription level and days of presence in the subscription package. This allows you to easily create rules like: 30% discount if you renew up to 30 days before the end of your subscription, 15% discount if you renew within the last 30 days, no discount otherwise.
- Full support for complex tax calculations based on country, state and ZIP code. It fully integrates with the European Union's VIES system so that you can charge no VAT tax for intra-EU B2B transactions.
- Send emails to subscribers upon subscription, when their subscription/payment status changes and when their subscription is about to expire
Note: The component is now distributed free of charge. No support is provided for it, free or paid.
AkeebaSubscriptions was available as a free download so i decided to test it. Wow! What a feature packed system. it has everything I need and more.
Thank you for a really great product.
very "friendly" with other extensions as well and deeply customizable. a better graphic interface would be welcome.
Thank you for your review, but we object to your assessment of the root cause of your issue.
We take utmost care when releasing updates, testing them on our dev sites, test sites and finally our own live site before making them available. If the update was broken our own site would be down, long before making the update available to our clients.
You seem to have tried uninstalling the extension before upgrading. As we explicitly tell you in our documentation (and as I've written in several public support tickets) you must not uninstall before upgrading/re-installing the extension. Uninstalling removes the database tables of the extension with the natural consequence of losing all your data.
Furthermore I would like to remind you that the Joomla! Extensions Directory is not the right place to request support. You are welcome to filing a support ticket on our site where our experienced support staff can help you understand and solve the issue you are facing. Most importantly, we can help you make sure that it won't happen again.
On my new project I use Akeeba Subscription (with some other Akeeba extensions, too) and it has all features I need.
Do you need something else? Just open a ticket and ask for it. If it make sense and useful for all users, they impelement it as soon as possible.
Great exntesions + great & satisfactory support + great documentation.
My life is much easier now. Subscriptions is very easy to use, intuitive, includes great features, and I have confidence in Akeeba's ability to develop reliable solutions.
I purchased the full license but the free version offered enough features that I didn't have to upgrade. Happy I did, though. The value is great, their support is awesome, and I believe it's important to support their business.
One of the best decisions I've made this year.
I did hit a snag, the site was one time only subscription and there was no obvious way to bring in existing users. While it was not vital to do so that would mean a less than optimal experience for older members. So I bit the bullet and manually added all of my users one by one.
One possible bug report got sent to Akeeba while I was reading comments here. Before I had finished I had a reply and explanation of the issue.
Using Joomla since version 1 it is ever refreshing to see developers of this high level producing for the platform.