The killer features
- FULL JOOMLA! ACL & MULTILINGUAL SUPPORT
- Streamlined administrator interface
- Rich subscription levels (subscription packages) editor which allows you to choose different images for each of your subscriptions and even a different order confirmation and order cancellation text to show to your users.
- The easiest subscription management interface you've seen on a component. It will even show you your users' faces, powered by Gravatar.
- Users can upgrade or expand (renew) their subscriptions. Renewing a subscription will create a new subscription which becomes valid the very second their old one expires. Users do not lose any of their subscription time when renewing, unlike most other subscription systems out there.
- Discount coupon codes which allow you to set an absolute money value or percentage discount for all or a specific subscription level and user, have publish up/publish down dates or a usage limit (e.g. the coupon code is valid only for the first 100 people to use it) – or a combination of any and all of the above!
- Automatic discounts for upgrading or renewing subscriptions based on the subscription level and days of presence in the subscription package. This allows you to easily create rules like: 30% discount if you renew up to 30 days before the end of your subscription, 15% discount if you renew within the last 30 days, no discount otherwise.
- Full support for complex tax calculations based on country, state and ZIP code. It fully integrates with the European Union's VIES system so that you can charge no VAT tax for intra-EU B2B transactions.
- Send emails to subscribers upon subscription, when their subscription/payment status changes and when their subscription is about to expire
Note: The component is distributed free of charge. No support is provided for it, free or paid.
We are currently testing and evaluating the Akeeba Subs extension for our site upgrade and we consider it as the best option so far. Don't be tricked - it's not an easy extension. Well, not really hard one, but definitively not easy. If you are used to setup something with click here and there, you might get lost. However, if you really want to build a web site, that offers subscriptions and you can't manage with Akeeba Subs, the problem is within you. I mean that you probably simply don't know what you are doing.
The real pros of this extension is its great flexibility, enormous power and endless integration with the most popular extensions out there. In combination with Akeeba Release System, it is incredible tool to sell subscriptions, download access and so on.
There are cons, which can be ignored, but be prepared anyway. Nikolas is far from being good designer, so the UI may look a bit blurry. Anyway, he has coded the interface in the proper way, so any designer could just overwrite the CSS. If our final decision is to go with Akeeba Subs for our new website version, we will donate the extension design for our own web site to Akeeba Subs.
The only downside for me is the registration that doesnt collect the user phone number on registration. and isnt possible to turn off. so even if you have another regsitration form, users can always use akeeba registration when they purchase.
I've had to contact Nicholas via the support system several times and have always have extremely quick responses, often with new releases to fix whatever problem I was experiencing being released within an hour of reporting the issue.
I've also subsequently integrated AS with CCInvoices - again a very simple process. We have AS working with ARS, ccInvoices and PayPal quite harmoniously.
Great support, great extension, and a great way to manage your subscriptions.
Highly recommended and I surely going to subscribe to akeeba premium support.
WOW, I'm glad I did! It delivers just what we needed: A simple subscription system. So many subscription components try to throw nearly everything in there, and in all reality, what most of us need is just a basic, simple subscription system... that works! I don't need all these useless add-ons. Just for them to see the subscription, the price, and pay... that's all.
Akeeba Subs does just that, and works flawlessly. It's so easy to set up, and looks great on the front-end. It returns the correct information from PayPal (many others don't). It "just works".
We bought AEC last year, and it was nothing but a tremendous headache, and always seemed to not work properly. Members were always complaining... and it was expensive!
Akeeba Subs is THE BEST subscription component available, by a mile! Best of all, it's free! I applaud the team for creating this, and am supporting them any way I can.
If you need a sub add on, you need to grab this one. You will not regret it, I promise!
If you need something, just write into the support forum. The developer will response quickly and he is always open for new ideas if they compatible.
And because of this probably this extension is going to be the best subscription extension of JOOMLA.
Nicholas, thanks for all.
The possibility to disallow a renew for some subscription levels would be very nice. So it will be possible to create a trial subscription...
Once again a big thanks to akeebabackup and Nicholas!!!
Thank you for your review! What you proposed is an interesting approach which neatly addresses the very popular "trial subscription" feature request and could certainly be integrated in the next version of Akeeba Subscriptions! When you have a feature request please post to the (free) "Pre-Sales" category of our ticket system. We value your feedback and use it to improve our software.
Bottom line, the process needs to be easy and smooth for a new user and effortless for a renewing user as well. Great configurable flexibility on the back-end with reporting. You simply can't go wrong with software from the author of Akeeba Backup as well. Rock solid, dependable, responsive and fantastic support, new releases as needed. -- Love it!
I like the ease of use, the plans, and the overall idea of it..
I will recommend it for any website that need a reasonable and high quality membership system.
Keep the good work, please...
Thanks for sharing.
It does exactly what it says: sells subscriptions and memberships to the users. It has a complete and through tax system, that is 100% compatible even with the overcomplicated european law.
The integrations are left to dedicated plugins, so it can be integrated with virtually any other joomla extension or 3rd party software.
It comes with a lot of ready-to-use integrations that allows you to start using it in minutes. Moreover, you can move out of popular extensions like ambra subscriptions with the 1 click importer.
Last but not the least, it's released by the most famous and trustworthy joomla extensions developer, akeebabakup.com and Nicholas. You'll find an extensive documentation and a fast and responsive support.