- This extension requires registration to download.
- This extension follows a process of a default Joomla! users component.
- Easy to setup.
- 10 social services are available
- Works on Joomla! 2.5 and 3.0
- A admin page is integrated with Joomla!'s user admin.
- Available to see user data which is obtained from social services
- Available to add a user image from social services or original image
- Easy to add social list to everywhere( You need to write a PHP code but it's a few lines ).
- For developers, offers Hs User object and easy to access user properties including user image.
Available Social Services
- Windows Live
- My Space
* Most of social services require to register as a developer to use each API calls. Please see documentation for settings of social services.
- Size of user image is limited to width 50px and height 50px
- Depending on social services, some data cannot be accessible. e.g. Twitter doesn't return e-mail address.
- Bad English! I'm not a good English speaker:( I'm glad to know a correction of my bad English!
Hs Users uses HybridAuth(http://hybridauth.sourceforge.net/).
- pkg_hs_users : A package file. You can install Joomla! extensions listed followings at once.
- com_hs_users : Offers main authentication process.
- mod_hs_users : Offers social list to default login module
- plg_user_hs_profile : Offers connection to Joomla!'s user component
- lib_hs : Offers classes related to user object
A main file is pkg_hs_users_xxx.zip which can be installed on Joomla!'s extension manager.
As the last update was in summer (according to JED), it looks like the extension is not being developed any more.
A problem with all of these is the social sites have increased and are not stable. This makes it a headache for component suppliers to keep up and satisfy Joomla! users. Many developers seek to make a business from supplying social login and reporting tools. This pushes them to proprietary link backs which is led to some being barred from Joomla!.
HS users package provides a clean set of tools for user registration and login. The documentation is basic and I have found some tweaking of call back URLs was necessary. The overall result is that it works without links to the developer. I haven't used it yet, however it's possible to embed the social login using a few lines of PHP code as described the developer site. That feature can probably prove to be very useful to many Joomla! users.
The documentation can use improvement but otherwise I recommend this package be among the first, if not the first to consider for social registration and login.
As yet, this component isn't as well rounded as some others available, but it is getting better all the time. The more people who use it and give feedback the better it will become.
Unfortunately the documentation for this extension isn't great, but I’ve noticed they’ve improved it recently though.
HsUsers is easy to install, it’s free, there is no middleman and there is no monthly fee.
The most important thing for me is that there is no middleman. There is absolutely no need for a middleman and it is undesirable to have one. The middleman has access to your valuable website data and charges you a fee for it! Furthermore, I think you will find that if the middleman has technical problems your users will be unable to log in to your website.