- This extension requires registration to download.
For many sites, that functionality is just fine. Often, however, Webmasters find they need to display a different 'welcome' screen for Registered users, versus Authors, versus Editors, versus Publishers, etc. Then the native login module functionality can get somewhat restrictive.
If you run a membership-based site, using Account Expiration Component (AEC) and JACLPLus for example, or you use JUGA, the problem is even more pronounced. You can sell a user a membership using AEC and assign that user to a specific User Group created via JACLPlus. However, the login module will show all users the same screen on logging in. Webmasters often need to get specific information to specific User Groups. Suppose Free Membership users should go to a screen encouraging them to upgrade, while Platinum-level users should go straight to a page full of goodies just for them? The native functionality of Joomla simply doesn't allow this to happen!
CorFun has now solved this problem, and expanded the options open to Webmasters for showing custom information at login for different User Groups. The CorFun User Group Login Redirect Home Page Component allows you to set up one URL in the Login Module leading to the Login Redirect Component. The Component then sends the user to the correct login URL (Home page) at log in based on the user group of the user!
The Component is very simple to configure and has the following features:
* Define a default login URL (page) to display for any User Group (class) for which a specific URL is not defined.
* Define up to 10 different URLs (pages) to display to different groups (classes) of users at login.
* Works with any component, such as JACLPlus, which creates custom user groups (classes) and works with JUGA.
* Easy to set up as you only define the User Class name and the URL.
* Can work to redirect users to any URL, including a completely different Website, a specific Joomla page, or a specific Joomla component! Anything reached via a URL on any Website can be used as a redirect.
* Works with any Joomla login module (native Joomla login, CB Login, Signal Login, etc.) or component that has a Login URL feature!
* Works with or without Community Builder!
* Makes a great compliment to any site with different user groups.
Easy to set up and use.
My only regret, I wish I had purchased the Community Builder version instead. Does the same thing, but with more flexibility. I plan on using this for 3 more sites right away.