Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Again, after hassles with a hosting provider who hasn't a clue about customer service, I decided to move to another host. Akeeba made the exercise quick and painless. The old site was migrate to the new host within a couple of hours and very little effort.
I'm taking a subscription...
We use the pro version on every site we design, uploading backups to S3 at whatever interval is appropriate to the site.
Kickstart allows us to move sites between hosting companies and up/down from localhost environments with ease, and the system restore points have added another level of 'oops I broke something' fixes which have been a great help.
We simply wouldn't be without Akeeba Backup!
As a backup tool is the best, you can configure how often you want the backups to be executed and many many things more.
For me it´s a great toll because i often work my client´s sites on my own server then i make a backup, use the Akeeba Kickstart on the client´s server and that´s it ! Have you done this manually? It´s a pain in the ...
With these amazing tools you wont get the blues.
Thank you. If we get the money for it will most definitely buy the commercial version.
Thank you for your review!
I would like to let you know that our CRON information is more than complete. It actually offers step-by-step instructions for two alternate methods (CRON jobs on your server, or using webcron.org). The result is a three and a half printed pages reference documentation. You don't have to take my word for it, you can read the documentation page in question over here: https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-documentation/automating-your-backup.html#frontend-backup