Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Thank you. If we get the money for it will most definitely buy the commercial version.
Thank you for your review!
I would like to let you know that our CRON information is more than complete. It actually offers step-by-step instructions for two alternate methods (CRON jobs on your server, or using webcron.org). The result is a three and a half printed pages reference documentation. You don't have to take my word for it, you can read the documentation page in question over here: https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentation/akeeba-backup-documentation/automating-your-backup.html#frontend-backup
Thank you so much for creating such a helpful component and the developers really thought about every aspect of it!
When you want to backup your site or move it, don't waste your time on other component. THIS IS IT!! THUMBS UP!!!
This is a must-have for EVERY Joomla user. Never worry about losing your data or having to transfer your website again.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am very glad there are great extensions out there to help us little guys do things we'd normally have *no clue* how to do.
I heartedly recommend this extension to anyone not only looking to move their site, but to keep back-ups for restoration if needed.