Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
I cannot recommend this extension highly enough.
Seven stars for this.
It's not only for backing up a website from online server to local computer server, but it's work also the other way around. I used to work and complete a website on my local computer first, before transferring it manually to online server trough ftp, it's took times and sometimes error happen resulted in fail. but when I got this extension no more problem :) is so easy, fast and no more error.
Thanks to Akkeba Team for this free extension...
This has to be welcome news for all of us that are all too familiar with the Joomla upgrade "dance".
Congratulations to the Akeeba team .. they deserve Joomla Oscars!
The installation was simple, the set-up is easy as well given all the explanation, tool tip an guides. Sure there are many settings as you would expect from a professional extensions. But not too many that you are discouraged looking at the config page.
The restoration process is a breeze! so simple.
It's definitely worth getting the pro version. I used to always go for free extensions. But what you get for such small price is no doubt valuable. And when you think about it, just factor the cost in your next project(s), and basically, your extension will be paid for by clients, and will benefits you for all sites.
And since time is money, you will save a lot of money with this extension. A very good ROI is you ask me.
Let alone providing additional service to your client by providing them with peace of mind knowing that their entire site is backed up frequently and ready to be restored very quickly.
Great work Akeeba team !
However, this one does work and very well too.
Using this package I backed up my 7 year old online site, ftp'd the file to a PC running Windows Vista and Wampserver 2.0 and after using Kickstart (the other neccesary part to this package) was able to have a localhost perfect working copy. Now convinced that any backup would work in the future, and am breathing sighs of relief. All work completed in a very short time span and at no cost. Nicholas deserves the praise given by many users for this work. Many Thanks.
Thank you for your review and your kind words! I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate that an untested backup is not a backup. Meaning, every time you perform a major change on your site (lots of content, restructuring, updating component/modules/plugins/templates) please take a backup and do a test restoration on a local machine, making sure the restored copy works. It only takes an extra 10 minutes and provides you with adequate peace of mind that, should the unthinkable happen, you will be able to recuperate reliably and very fast. And one last thing: you can never have too many backups! Backup, backup, backup - the more often, the better ;)