Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription to request support. Its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the public tickets is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Great work Nicolas
I feel secure now, knowing I can backup with 1 klick and not missing anything. Futhermore I can set a timer to auto backup.
this should be in one package..
Have you read our Quick Start Guide or watched our Video Tutorials? The process which you found so challenging as to give us two stars only is: upload kickstart.php; upload the archive; visit http://www.yoursite.com/kickstart.php; click Next until it's done. Even a 9 year old can do it, as I recently found out. I don't know what you expected but it can't get any simpler than that. Maybe you should spend 4 minutes watching a video tutorial than writing a non-factual review?
thanks to all the devs, u do a good job.
The two test sites, 1.5 & 1.6, I tested it on had basic, custom templates and various plugins/extensions installed. Akeeba handled all of them without a hitch. I even took a backup and installed it on a different server/database. Again, no problem proving how easy it is to migrate to another server. I can now offer a very competitively priced backup option to all my clients for the Joomla sites I've created for them.
A breeze to install and run. Download it now, install it, back up your site, then donate to the author. It's way worth it and will make your Joomla development life so easy.
And this was tested to backup small websites of a couple of Mb, and large websites of a couple hundreds of Mb. The product remained stable no matter what.
Thank you Nicholas, and to everyone who helped make this extension what it is today.
Thanks for creating Akeeba Backup, and thanks for keeping the core version non-commercial. I'm new to Joomla -- indeed new to web stuff -- but I'm very aware of the importance of a site backup/restore facility that actually works. (I agree with you. If you haven't proved your ability to restore a site then you really don't have anything.)
Accordingly I backed up my experimental Joomla site, downloaded the resulting jpa file to my local machine, cleared out the root of my hosting account after creating an empty mySQL database, then uploaded the jpa along with kickstart.php and the ini file for English, and then restored the site.
It all worked exactly as advertised, and your excellent step-by-step documentation gave me confidence that you know exactly what you're doing in a professional sense. You can be sure that I'll be visiting your site occasionally, and that someday you'll have me as a paying customer. :)
Lakewood, Colorado, USA
Yes, you may quote me as a testimonial if this would be useful to you.