Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Should be on EVERY SITE to "secure" it.
Easy to use, and great features. I love especially the ability to upload my backups automatically to dropbox.
It is also very simple to transfer your whole site to another webserver.
Was worth every cent!
Whenever I make a major update to my site, I download it as a jpa file with Akeeba. On more than one occasion, disaster struck and I had to restore my site (or move it to a new domain). The first time it happened, I panicked. Then I used Akeeba Kickstart and my site was back online in a matter of minutes. I didn't have to do anything but extract and fill in my database info again.
Instead of worrying about downloading all of your files and databases manually, Akeeba lets you store it as one single file, which you can then upload to ANY empty directory, extract and voila! Your site is restored, or copied, or whatever your heart may desire.
If you run a Joomla site and do not have Akeeba, I recommend that you remedy your situation immediately.
Do NOT try to run a Joomla! web site without it.
Everytime you see "update your Joomla!" or "update your extension" , you are warned to save your site before : Akeeba.
Installation, setup, and use straightforward. I use in with Akeeba eXtract Wizard for local development
I just maintain the one website of a very small club, and I have no skill whatsoever in coding. That's what I am found of joomla! and of make-my-life-easy-extensions such as Akeeba.
I made a donation. Many thanks
I have tested it and it works.
Database: manually deleted, files and folders: manually deleted.
The restore has been completed after 5 minutes without any errors.
BTW: I have not read the manual - so you can see it's really easy.
My recommendation? YES, absolutely!