Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription to request support. Its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the public tickets is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
It more or less gets everything right. Easy to install, easy to use, poweful, flexible and well documented.
With JoomlaPack the potentially complicated business of making, managing and restoring backups really becomes simple. This alone is very important as it allows backups to be made frequently with hardly any work. Also reliably - it's very hard to do anything wrong.
Backups are stored in a single file, so you are confident that nothing will get lost or confused. The file includes the whole Joomla install, all of your extensions, your settings, server config and your database - literally the whole site.
Recovering the entire site from a backup file is a quick and easy process. But here is where you see more of the power and possibilities of the tool. It's easy to recover the site to a new domain, a new database etc. So you can easily take a production site and copy it to a local development environment. Or you can migrate your site to a new database. You can change the database prefix if you so choose, which is in itself a useful feature of the tool.
Really can't say enough good about this - it's complete, professional, well documented and free.
For me, this is in the top three extensions.
5 stars for support.
On normal server settings everythings works perfect!
It still works perfect with some strange server settings and the help of Dale and Nicholas from the Joomlapack-forum. They do have answers that help!
I'll use it now to create a standard-package for future customers with many components and module and plugins already set up.