Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
For me, this is in the top three extensions.
5 stars for support.
On normal server settings everythings works perfect!
It still works perfect with some strange server settings and the help of Dale and Nicholas from the Joomlapack-forum. They do have answers that help!
I'll use it now to create a standard-package for future customers with many components and module and plugins already set up.
I have only one note to make. The JPA Archives arn't compressed enough. My site is around 120mb big, when I ran backup I saw that the JPA file took up 100mb or so... I nearly got in trouble with my host! :)
The front-end feature w/ cron job opportunity is a lifesaver.
How many times we delete something important by accident or mess up the development?
How many times we do not make a backup, because we forget, are tired to and do not do the last thing: backup of our work?
While doing development, using JoomlaPack frontend feature as a cron job is a must.
It works silently in the background so you can be sure that in case you mess it up, you only lose e.g. 1hr of work at max.
It takes 5 mins to retrieve the last working copy there is no excuse for not using it.
Also, I should mention that it is true what Nicholas (the lead developer) offers: they, indeed, come back to you within ONE day in case you have got problems and they do not just say: read the documentation, although this piece of software is very well documented.
I do not know how the they can do it, but they really SUPPORT you.
Try some software giants in this respect and afterward you will surely appreciate the support of this kind.
I installed JoomlaPack and then did a full site backup in minutes. I restored my entire test site easily and it came right up with absolutely no ill effects.
I'll be using JoomlaPack to apply software fixes and upgrades from now on as well. Very well done!