Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Anyone with a website with root access needs this extension!
And not that I'm properly qualified to judge, but it seems elegant in it's approach and functionality...like you guys have actually thought about the user, the process and light-weight code. Hence my request that you takeover Microsoft...the world would be a better place (and a bluddy lot faster!).
Very useful tool for full back-up or wanting to install a website in a new domain.
And if you want to be able to have a quick recovery of your site, then this is what you are looking for.
Recovery is as simple as eating a Double Whopper Hamburger. It only takes time, but in that time you have a great taste. If you want a special Burger, with extra mayonaise on it, or clone your site to a different host, well then you need to take care of two or three details like preventing dripping on your penguin-shirt (database name and db password and stuff like that).
And with this extension, there is excellent documentation.
Could not find anything wrong with this extension but the lack of scheduled, automated backups.
It enables web administrators to package the contents of a website and shift it to another server. This is great if you want to develop a site off-line, or test new extensions for compatibility, or whatever, and then load it all up to the live server.
The only thing is that the PDF manual is really long, so if you're teaching yourself how to use it in isolation, it takes quite a lot of brainwork to work out what you need to do to get it to work.
I absolutely love this component. I strongly recommend every web designer, developer and administrator to use this software.
It has saved mylife on countless occassions. I take entire websites with me and show case it to clients as different ideas.
I wish I had found this earlier when I missed a big one.
From install to mission accomplished this extension is Solid, Intuitive, and Done without fuss or muss (excepting one helpful and needed precautionary warning about tmp directories and zipfiles). Using defaults right from install, a couple of clicks a wait shorter than download of the backup, which is simply another click and EVERYTHING (files, directories, SQL database, etc.) is backed up for manual or automatic re-install (automatic using the kickstart program - one of the other downloads mentioned in reviews here)to the original site or a new one. A well-done user-guide is also included . . . definitely a must have and a should make a support donation add-on for every Joomla site.
someday if my site is start receving money from advertismen i will pay for ure profesional hard-working (i hope u understand my chaos english >.