Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Joomlapack support stuck with me, though, over more than two dozen forum posts between us.
Turns out that problems I had trying to clone my online site onto my computer locally inspired a fix by the developer. Which worked!
Now I'm able to back-up my online site locally on my computer, and I have cloned a back-up of my primary site on fatcow.com to godaddy.com.
There are some issues with SEF on my cloned sight on go-daddy. I have to set SEF to "no" in order for it to display right. But, to me, this is a minor issue.
I really appreciate the dedication of the joomlapack developers. One suggestion, though (and I'd suggest this to many developers of joomla extensions).
When writing directions on how to install/use an extension, please try to put yourself in the mindset of a true Joomla newbie and write the directions in "baby-step" mode.
Often, documentation skips the baby steps in between the steps that are actually written down, assuming that "everyone" knows how to do these un-written steps.
Baby-step directions take more time, but they really help newbies. I'd guess newbies are a big chunk of JoomlaPack users, as it's quite complicated to move a joomla site from one server another.
I don't think baby-step directions will offend the experts (I hope not!). Finally, baby-step directions could save a lot of time on the back-end in terms of fewer forum support questions and requests.
Anyway, I'm sticking with JoomlaPack and I look forward to updates and new versions!
6 out of 5 Stars!
Only suggestion: Separate One Page Quick Start Guide. (Would probably be all the documentation needed by about 95% of us)
Everyone needs to keep a backup. For Joomla! websites, JoomlaPack seems to be the way to do it!
Remembering the old days, transfering sites via long ftp- and phpmyadmin-sessions, I will never do it without JoomlaPack.
Thank you so much!!!
but there is one small problem, which isn't so much the software, but it affects the software
Having a large website, it cannot back it up completely, it runs out of memory to complete the task (my website is nearly 7gb, so I would expect this to happen), so if you have a large website, seriously look at external back-up solutions