Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
I am really pleased and I couldn’t believe the way it worked with no errors on such a complicated website like mine.
Though I am not an expert or an advanced user of Joomla 1.5, last one month I have been working on Joomla extensions and gained loads of experience, also I have so many Modules, Components and Plugins installed in my Server. After practicing/checking every extension, I uninstall the bad and keep the good. This is one of the reasons I said my website is complicated.
But guys, believe me; this is an excellent, fabulous component what I have found in the Joomla extensions website. No wonder they are on the top range. More than everything; it’s free.
There are some simple (very rarely used) tools, M, C, P are made as commercial, but this many thousands of dollars worth software is given free is an amazing point to think about.
This project is surely worth a donation. I will surely donate as soon as my Credit card is sorted out.
Guys, IF you are running an important website and a responsible person to manage a Joomla website; you would know the WORTH of this software.
I just want to encourage you guys to donate and support this project as much as you can.
I wish GOOD LUCK to the JoomlaPack team.
It runs the backups and reports clear messages to you at all times.
Best of all, it is easy to use the backup file. Just upload the ZIP file to your server, unpack it, then run it like a Joomla installation. Done!
I have used this application to create clones of my site for testing purposes.
The only issue I had is that I had to make the backup directory, and Joomla's /tmp directory writable.
Installing on the new server was exactly like the regular joomla installation.
However, I think the help documentation on the website could be more clearly written.
I encourage everyone to donate so that future updates to this extension will remain free.
This is a must have any one looking to safe-guard their websites.
- The installation went with no errors.
- The interface is fast
- I can't comment about support BECAUSE I NEVER NEEDED TO GET ANY!
- Archival is fast (very fast)
- Very intuitive
Anyone with a website with root access needs this extension!
And not that I'm properly qualified to judge, but it seems elegant in it's approach and functionality...like you guys have actually thought about the user, the process and light-weight code. Hence my request that you takeover Microsoft...the world would be a better place (and a bluddy lot faster!).