Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription to request support. Its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the public tickets is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
You can also use Joomlapack to deploy your site from WAMP to life. Without mannually install Joomla first.
I have rate it 'excellent' for lack of anything better. Highly recommended!
I have been using the JoomlaPack Backup solution and can say that it works. On a basic level that is all one needs to know in the backup and restore process.
It is also is very intuitive in its implementation by orientating itself on standard backup software by:
- Showing you in the Admin Dashboard when a backup is overdue
- Software Updates are available
If I had to name one improvement for upcoming releases it would be an option to:
a) Integrate into the Joomla Install process (any component can install and overwrite any code...).
b) Installer for Joomla Updates with automatic backup and recovery in case the Joomla Update breaks the site.
Last but not least - I would actually pay for this component!
Later on I decided to make a backup of my remote site and restore it to my local web server on my own laptop. I've taken your JoomlaPack product and did everything I needed in a few minutes time!!! Works like a charm!!!!
It's really one of the best backup tools I've used so far!
I'm not a programmer but it was very easy to back up my sites and move them to a new server. Flawless. Simple. Once I figured out a few things and those were not hard to find. I posted the following to the forum and thought it would help others deciding whether or not to use this. If you are just a Joomla user like I am, that's really all you need to be to use this. You don't have to be a programmer or even an Joomla expert.
Here are the things you might not figure out immediately. But really -- it's VERY easy!
1. Kickstart is great. It is not included. It is free, but you have to download and unzip it separately. USE IT. It makes things easier. The detailed directions are at the END of the component instructions.
2. The JoomlaPackInstaller is in the backup zip file you download from the original site. When you upload the zip file and kickstart, that's all you have to do. The details instructions for kickstart included in the joomlapack instructions have the URL you have to type in.
3. On a new site, you have to create an empty database before attempting to install the backup on the new site. Okay, that was intuitively obvious to someone with experience, I'm sure. :)
4. The screen that pops up and asks for db user name/server/password is prefilled FROM THE SITE YOU BACKED UP! You will have to CHANGE those values to whatever values you used for the new database. Otherwise you get a Cannot Connect to mysql error and have to go search the forum to figure out where you've been stupid.
5. It does fine with Joomla installs hosted in subfolders on godaddy. The thing about configuration.php in root on page 51 does not mean you can't use joomlapack with folders hosting domains and distinct Joomla installs. While there isn't a configuration.php in the subfolder, the one at the root of the whole host works just fine.
Perhaps that will help someone else who is relatively inexperienced.
Thank you again for such an excellent component.
I am really pleased and I couldn’t believe the way it worked with no errors on such a complicated website like mine.
Though I am not an expert or an advanced user of Joomla 1.5, last one month I have been working on Joomla extensions and gained loads of experience, also I have so many Modules, Components and Plugins installed in my Server. After practicing/checking every extension, I uninstall the bad and keep the good. This is one of the reasons I said my website is complicated.
But guys, believe me; this is an excellent, fabulous component what I have found in the Joomla extensions website. No wonder they are on the top range. More than everything; it’s free.
There are some simple (very rarely used) tools, M, C, P are made as commercial, but this many thousands of dollars worth software is given free is an amazing point to think about.
This project is surely worth a donation. I will surely donate as soon as my Credit card is sorted out.
Guys, IF you are running an important website and a responsible person to manage a Joomla website; you would know the WORTH of this software.
I just want to encourage you guys to donate and support this project as much as you can.
I wish GOOD LUCK to the JoomlaPack team.
It runs the backups and reports clear messages to you at all times.
Best of all, it is easy to use the backup file. Just upload the ZIP file to your server, unpack it, then run it like a Joomla installation. Done!
I have used this application to create clones of my site for testing purposes.
The only issue I had is that I had to make the backup directory, and Joomla's /tmp directory writable.
Installing on the new server was exactly like the regular joomla installation.
However, I think the help documentation on the website could be more clearly written.
I encourage everyone to donate so that future updates to this extension will remain free.
This is a must have any one looking to safe-guard their websites.
- The installation went with no errors.
- The interface is fast
- I can't comment about support BECAUSE I NEVER NEEDED TO GET ANY!
- Archival is fast (very fast)
- Very intuitive