Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
It's the easiest way to develop a project in local without problems and deploy it in production in a few minutes.
I found that the documentation was exteremly thorough, but it took me several hours of reading through a 60+ page pdf before I was confident that I had cracked the procedure.
This product does exactly what it says on the tin. This is a must have component for serious Joomla users. It really is first class.
Hey Presto. Cloned.
If i was going to offer any constructive criticism that would be the structure of the download list (I first accidentally downloaded a beta of something else), but once I knew what I was looking for it was pretty straightforward. Nice one!
It works right out of the box, no hacking, no tricks, no surprises, it just does what it promises. It also has very good default presets in the configuration options. That means you can, but not necessarily need to go through the settings.
With Kickstart it simply couldn't be easier to use even for noobs.
I'm just so sorry not to find this component earlier. It would have saved hours (days) of boring and dangerous work for me.
Congratulation and big THANK YOU for its developers. This component should be part of the core joomla framework.
In Summary, Using Joomlapack and the additional tools these developers provide is equivalent between riding a skateboard (manual backup) and driving a Ferrari (Using JoomlaPack and the additional tools).
What exemplary stellar tools. Outstanding! To let everyone know, I have just now realized after going through my own learning curve of how to set up everything, (it's not that hard to do, but does take a little time, READ the Instructions, you will honestly do yourself a BIG Favor and actually Save TIME!) but it's worth every second of prep time spent in setting it up for the 100 fold rewards you will get in return.
I will be able to save about 2 hrs a week not having to manage my backups anymore. I have a small web development company (11 customers and growing) and almost exclusively use Joomla! CMS.
I can say to anyone reading this post that Joomlapack, JoomlaPack Native Tools and Kickstart when used either as standalone products or leveraging the power of the combination of these tools are extreemly powerful and timesaving.
Without an easy reliable way to backup and restore you Joomla! web site, you are setting yourself up for a world of pain, whaling and gnashing of teeth! JoomlaPack is the way to go!
This tool is best used with another automated backup but serves as peace of mind for the full site!
We use if for migrating test/development Joomla sites to live sites. Or domain X.com to domain Y.com scenarios.
It handles all the permission and domain issues without any problems.
This is as great a tool for migrating sites to new domains as it is for backups IMO. No more hiding development sites until ready get the basics up and carry on working on the development site and then migrate it over again when ready or updated.
Brilliant - well done to the developers.