Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription to request support. Its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the public tickets is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Thanks much. We just made donation.
If you're a intermediate level developer, I cannot stress how much easier this makes working with a joomla site.
For example, I have a localhost development site, a live test/launch server, and the live site. If I make changes to the live site or the development server, I can make a mirror of the revised site as easily as doing a clean joomla install. Or you can build you're own core joomla install, with all the extensions and changes that work for you, pack it up. And then rather spending the hours re-configuring each joomla install you done as soon as you run the install, and you can get to the business of building your site.
There's a lot of deep control about what and where to pack. So if you think that this has nothing to offer you, check it out. I'll bet you'll be surprised.
It's the easiest way to develop a project in local without problems and deploy it in production in a few minutes.
I found that the documentation was exteremly thorough, but it took me several hours of reading through a 60+ page pdf before I was confident that I had cracked the procedure.
This product does exactly what it says on the tin. This is a must have component for serious Joomla users. It really is first class.
Hey Presto. Cloned.
If i was going to offer any constructive criticism that would be the structure of the download list (I first accidentally downloaded a beta of something else), but once I knew what I was looking for it was pretty straightforward. Nice one!