Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription to request support. Its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the public tickets is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!
Anyway, thank you for making my Joomla life easier, and not charging for it. Very deserving of a donation.
I have been building a new community site for about two months now, I do most of my testing on the same server using a sub-domain. I installed a forum bridge and was playing around with it when all of a sudden I had no access to either the front end nor the admin end of my test site. I almost blew my top but then I remembered that that I had installed joomla pack on the main site and made a backup of both the site and the data bank. So I gave JoomlaPack a go. I installed my main site to my test site and was up and running in just under 30 minutes!!! This is now my favorite Joomla extension. Hats off to the developers.
Not only does Joomlapack make backing up a cinch but it also makes the previously incredibly laborious task of updating to the latest version a walk in the park... Just put the zipped up updater in the root folder, upload kickstart, navigate to kickstart and sit back! Happy days!
What can i say about this extension? IT WORKS!! smoothly WOW
I moved an entire Joomla site, settings, content, mods, comp, and database to a completely different server under a different domain name, in about 10 mins. NO LIE!! Most of that 10 mins was downloading and uploading the site back up files..
Thanks guys for so much hard work! I will be pushing this hard are the next meeting for Joomla User Group Tampa!
To make this product a "Joomla Complete Winner" will be to just adding a Scheduled Backup / FTP upload from the back end and it will be a JoomlaCloner killer for free!