Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
Not only does Joomlapack make backing up a cinch but it also makes the previously incredibly laborious task of updating to the latest version a walk in the park... Just put the zipped up updater in the root folder, upload kickstart, navigate to kickstart and sit back! Happy days!
What can i say about this extension? IT WORKS!! smoothly WOW
I moved an entire Joomla site, settings, content, mods, comp, and database to a completely different server under a different domain name, in about 10 mins. NO LIE!! Most of that 10 mins was downloading and uploading the site back up files..
Thanks guys for so much hard work! I will be pushing this hard are the next meeting for Joomla User Group Tampa!
To make this product a "Joomla Complete Winner" will be to just adding a Scheduled Backup / FTP upload from the back end and it will be a JoomlaCloner killer for free!
The bug (well not really but it could be a problem for some).
When creating a back-up from a website (lets say domain-a.com), and placing it on a different domain (say damain-b.com). The configuration.php has the wrong tmp folder stated. By this reason, installing a component does not work on your new domain.
What would be nice.
We would love to see the possibility to schedule a back-up weekly (maybe using cronjobs).
For a free component this fulfils everything we require.
Complete back up of a site, including installer.
I had a problem with one of the sites, checked the forum, the answer was already there after a quick search. Installed the latest version and it works perfectly.
It is worth a donation to the developers, again a great component.
Does exactly what it say's on the tin !
Simply great. Backup your site, download it, unpack it in a folder with a simple name, and procede as if it was a joomla usual instalation (meaning going to your browser and typing the url for the name you just give to the folder, for instance http://localhost:8888/backup). Here a wonderfully easy menu will do all for you.
Thank you guys, you did it.
One problem is that, probably due to some php settings done by GoDaddy, joomlapack does not work with GoDaddy shared hosting accounts.
Read the warnings and posts on the jpack forums.
A new version will be coming out soon that may potentially fix the GoDaddy problem.