Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
I advice every body to use this component and make a small donation to the owner inspite of making this amazing component.
JoomlaPack seamlessly installed on my 1.0.15 site and handled the full site backup (330 MB) without a hitch. This is a great extension! I recommend it, and will be following up with a donation to express my gratitude.
Only issue I faced: When I entered a new password in the Joomlapack Installation in the web server, it didnt accept it, I had to login to administrator with the old password I used in XAAMP.
I use Joomla 1.5, the joomlapack used was 1.1.1 stable
Firstly, both the process and the instructions are clean and clear. Quite simple to follow.
I have just moved a 1.0.15 site from Windows hosting to Linux hosting, and the only issue I had was a stubborn resistance on the part of the installer to move on after the database had been populated. No problem, because once I tweaked the configuration.php file manually and deleted the installation directory, it all worked like a charm, far exceeding my expectations.
Thanks, I'd use it again any time. And it's free - I will donate right now.