Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
One problem is that, probably due to some php settings done by GoDaddy, joomlapack does not work with GoDaddy shared hosting accounts.
Read the warnings and posts on the jpack forums.
A new version will be coming out soon that may potentially fix the GoDaddy problem.
Step 1: Click "Backup Now"
Step 2: Click "Backup your site"
Step 3: There is no step 3 because you are done, go work on something else!
My only advice to newbies (like me) using this, make sure you put your backup directory above your root and set the permissions correctly. After that it is no harder then checking e-mail. This program should get a bonus 6th star.
I backup my site just for the heck of it now after only a couple of edits because it is so simple and quick.
One last thing: Restoring the site - is just as brainless.
There are just so many hackers out there and this extension is one of the answers to bring back life to the site.
For those who dont know how to restore, just install the files in the directory where you want restore your site. You can run the installation file by opening your site in web browser, next it will walk you through. Some times your userid and pwd that you previously used may not work if you are on shared hosting. You need to use your cpanel login thats how mine worked.
Excellent work by Joomla Pack.
What a smooth, easy to use product.
Provides the ideal functionality to backup and restore a Joomla! site with ease. Was so simple and friendly to use, I can now give this to my clients to use.
It gives me the confidence that the sites can be restored simply and quickly.
Thanks and keep up the good work.
Satisfied Joomla! admin.
A little digging showed that the backup directory needs to have the webserver "apache" as the owner. CHOWNed that property and things are working fine now. Simply having apache be a member of the owner group did not suffice.
I highly recommend it.. Thx for the great extension guys!!
Thanks again for a great solution,..
Anyone looking for a solid, very simple and hands off backup, look no further. Install, configure easier than ANY other component,.. and let it do it's job.
Was able to move our Joomla project between domains with this tool which saved hours of configuration.
Excellent extension, so good it should be included as standard.
If I ever have to do a restoration then I will see how good it really is, I hope I never have to.
I have a Linux Ubuntu system and the regular archive manager wouldn't unzip the back-up, but it worked OK with 7Zip.
The hidden gem, though, is the Kickstart restore script. It's not a component, but instead is a PHP script that makes restoring -- or copying an entire Joomla! installation -- a breeze. If you are copying a Joomla! installation to a new location, you do have to create an empty database and copy the backup ZIP file to the new location, but Kickstart takes care of unpacking the ZIP file, putting everything where it should be, populating the new databse, and other messy details. Very nice indeed!
Top it all off with very responsive support on the JoomlaPack forum and you have a definite winner.