Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
With this extension is only a click to a button.
The support is perfect when exists,is fast and accurate but many times is closed.
I'm really thankful for this component.
For this year I have decided to donate 1 EUR for each restore. Not really enough, but I want to support a bit to developers. I test a lot, so something will come about.
But more importantly, the current Web page is saved always good.
Since then, I have implemented Akeeba backup on all of my websites and I'm so glad I did. It's now my newest tool in migrating websites between servers and of course for those what used to be disastrous days. Thanks Nick, you guys are awesome!
Tonight I gave it a try by backing up my site and creating a new subdomain a new database and a new folder on my server.
I quickly read the manual and started.
This component is just perfect! It worked in a blink of an eye!
No hassle, no problems, just perfect results :)
Now I have tow versions of my website.
Thank you for such an easy and comfortable extension!
Rob van Linda
Thanks so much for this component it has literally be a life saver for me!! Keep up the wonderful work!!