Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
The latest version is something all Joomla site owner need at their hand and this backup now works like a charm!
Easy to understand, set up and use!
One of Joomla "must have".
Thank you thank you Joomlapack team that bring this for us this outstanding component for the whole Joomla community!
No problems at all, that I can see. Totally golden pimp work!
Thanks so much for a simple effective way to backup my whole configuration, this will save me time beyond measure!
I cannot effuse vehemently enough!
The admin panel has a great layout. There's clear documentation for how to use this extension, and best of all, if you get stuck, the support in their forum is quick and very helpful.
I highly recommend this extension, as it can bring great peace of mind for any Joomla site you've built.
And it's well worth donating money to as well!
I have a test site in a sub-domain and need to keep the configuration as close as possible. Well now I can have them exactly the same!
I downloaded the tool yesterday and installed it and performed a backup (really simple). This morning from work I deleted all files in the subdomain and moved the backup file into the subdomain and unzipped it. All that was left to do was access the site from a browser and change permissions on a few directories. Just a few basic screens with basic information to supply and... VIOLA!!!
An exact clone of my main site. This is awesome!!!!!!!
Joomlapack worked from the word GO... I even used it on a joomla 1.0.12 installation and it was 100% fine!
To top it all I moved some sites from MySQL 4 to MySQL 5 and worked every time first time without a problem.
THANK YOU to the DEVELOPERS! AWESOME COMPONENT and MUST HAVE for EVERYBODY!
I have checked most utilities and all of them failed except JoomlaPack. Really usefull and working.
AJAX interface didn't work on my case but the rest work smoothly without any error.
Thank you author for your great JOB!
Finally, it is so simple and straightforward to use, I can't believe it's free.
One thing that I do every time I unzip to my Dev site is restore my local copy of the configuration.php and remove the .htaccess files. I just don't require them for my Dev site in MAMP. What? You aren't using .htaccess files for security? That's the other free insurance (against hacking). See http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=102558.
Thank you to the developer!
The backup and restore works for a small site. You really need to read the documentation to get it to work. However, it does not back up one of my bigger sites, it hangs mid way with the following message.
"Creating archive file
This might take several minutes. Please wait...
14808531 / 25565004"
The admin user is then logged out and your backup is incomplete. I cannot rely on it as a backup solution for this obvious reason. I will try the next version when it is stable and see if the problem is resolved but for the moment backups are done another way.
Try the version just released (1.1.1b2), it should have fixed this issue.