Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Joomla! 2.5/3.0 only. We have older versions for Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7 on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion desktop software (Akeeba SiteDiff and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscription (starting at EUR 7.79) to request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
I'm using BigAPE backup now and the option to select which folders should be included in the backup is very usefull.
Also a page where you can manage your packed files would be an improvement.
Currently it is to basic, but keep up the good work.
1. After the installation process, delete configuration.php (+ the intallation-folder, of course) before trying to access the site.
2.Use the same login-details as before! At the end of the installation-process, it gives you the loginname and password for administration you typed on the page before (as in a standard installation). If you decide to use an all new password, it's not gonna work; the old one from ther earlier installation is still active. That's actually great! Except that you shouldn't trust the screen if you just typed a new one ;)
Would be nice...
- If there were options to backup the database and files individually or together.
- was able to be kicked off by a crontab
Thanks to the developer for this long overdue component!