Akeeba Backup has won the prestigious Administrator Only Extension J.O.S.C.A.R. Award at J and Beyond 2010. Download it for free to find out why.
Latest Joomla! 2.5/3.x only. We have older versions for past Joomla! 1.5/1.6/1.7/2.5/3.x versions on our site.
- It configures itself for optimal operation with your site. Just click on Configuration Wizard.
- One click backup.
- AJAX powered backup (site and database, database only, files only or incremental files only backup)
- The fastest native PHP backup engine.
- Choose between standard ZIP or highly efficient JPA archive format
- able to exclude specific files, folders
- able to exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job scheduling), fully compatible with Webcron.org
- Backup using any cellphone made after 2007 with a web browser using our exclusive "Lite Mode" (including the cheapest Nokia and Sony Ericsson models!)
- AJAX powered site restoration
- "Kickstart" restore: restore without unpacking backup
- Move your site between hosts without downloading/uploading anything (using the DirectFTP backup engine)
- Archives can be restored on any host. Useful for transferring your site between subdomains/hosts or even to/from your local testing server (XAMPP, WAMPServer, MAMP, Zend Server, etc).
and much much more!
Do not miss out the complimentary companion software (Akeeba Kickstart and Akeeba eXtract Wizard) which are available free of charge from our site. They make working with Akeeba Backup a breeze.
Note: The software is free of charge, its support is not. You need a valid subscriptionto request support. However, its documentation, the troubleshooting wizard and searching the forum is free.
*** IF YOU CAN'T FIND HOW TO ENABLE A FEATURE LISTED HERE, PLEASE READ THE (FREE) DOCUMENTATION! ***
So I backed up with just a click and downloaded it with a click too. I extracted the backup data to my localhost and setup up a new mysql account (you know to dump all your site data). Then I pointed to localhost/xxxx/installation and followed the page (like normal installation). It works like wonder. Time taken, 2 minutes at 12 seconds.
Word of advise, to eases your transplanting project, remember to have your password, database, user of database exactly the same as the site. Saves headache.
Thank you developer for such a wonderful piece of work!
1. Download this tool
2. Install it; installation process is pretty simple and there is no problem
3. Go to Component > JoomlaPack and then press 'create backup' button after viewing Basic configuration once.it took only a minute and half to complete the whole process for my 500+ page site and everything was shown on screen.
4. there is built-in option to download the backup file but i was not able to get it from there but you can always download files from servers via any ftp software!
5. After uploading file to new location, unzip it.
6. Once unzipped, open the index in browser and install the Joomla as you had done for the first time!
7. I had used the same password as previous and then obviously you have to remove the installation folder!
YOUR SITE IS TRANSFERRED in no time!
Highly recommended tool!
Just make sure you have the disk space... :-P My first attempt hung up about a third of the way through. I e-mailed Nicholas and he promptly responded with possible solutions and tips. Great CS!
The only improvement I could suggest at this point is to update it for 1.0.12.
I'm using BigAPE backup now and the option to select which folders should be included in the backup is very usefull.
Also a page where you can manage your packed files would be an improvement.
Currently it is to basic, but keep up the good work.
1. After the installation process, delete configuration.php (+ the intallation-folder, of course) before trying to access the site.
2.Use the same login-details as before! At the end of the installation-process, it gives you the loginname and password for administration you typed on the page before (as in a standard installation). If you decide to use an all new password, it's not gonna work; the old one from ther earlier installation is still active. That's actually great! Except that you shouldn't trust the screen if you just typed a new one ;)
Would be nice...
- If there were options to backup the database and files individually or together.
- was able to be kicked off by a crontab
Thanks to the developer for this long overdue component!