XCloner is a Backup and Restore component designed for Joomla! The purpose is to give users possibility to clone their Joomla installation and move it over the internet on any location!
XCloner 3.0 is a Joomla native extension as well as a standalone backup application!
XCloner can also be used as a standalone backup utility for any PHP/MYSQL site, so it can backup other sites running on Wordpress, Drupal and so on.
- Create full or partial backups based on your input
- Create simple or compressed backups based on your configuration input
- Possibility to create incremental backups, so you avoid the time limit problems on php script executions
- Possibility to exclude directory and files from the backup, manually or through cron settings(AJAX powered)
- Create backups based on a cron task, created backups can be stored on the local server, remotely through ftp or emailed to a custom email account
- Possibility to run multiple cronjobs, based on different configuration files
- Ability to manage existing backups, rename/delete/move, publish to user frontend for sharing
- Possibility to clone any backup to another location, it can be done automatically by using the server ftp function or manually
- Send Backups to the Amazon S3 service
- Configuration area lets you choose on how to generate backups based on your server possibilities
- You can choose to create backups by using only PHP, or by also using some server utilities to speed things up
- Backup split option for systems with file size limitations
- Incremental database backups for large databases
- Send backup to the cloud, Amazon S3 supported
- The generated clone of XCloner can be restored on a totally different server, with new server and mysql details
- Restore both simple and compressed archives
- Restore script is independent from the main component and Joomla and can be run on any host
- Full restore of a clone made with XCloner
- Ability to restore the original files and directories permissions
- Automatic re-write of the new host settings to the configuration file
- Ability to import the clone using either a ftp simulated sessions, or direct restore through php
- Possibility to exclude database from importing
- Ability to restore multiple clones to different locations, and also restore multiple database backups from the same clone
Installed against a mambo databse there were a couple of issues. Contacted JoomlaPlug via the support ticket system on the site and within an hour or so the issues were fixed.
So not only is the product well made, efficient and works as advertised there is also a solid, committed and responsive support system right behind it.
Did I say it couldn't get better, well it just has.
JoomlaPlug sets a standard to be envied by others who claim to provide such products and service.
I wholeheartedly recommed this product! It keeps my sites alive.
www.breathwork.be and www.emofree.be
Backup works perfect and the cloning feature as well. The only problem I encountered was cloning a site to a server with different PHP and MySQL configuration. But support from Joomlaplug was perfect. I got the answers to my questions faster than I could test it out.
Worth every penny for sure.
Many thanks for great work.
I initially had problems getting certain parts to work correctly. The developer was very responsive and helpful to get the issues corrected. I really appreciated the quick respsonse time for support.
Hope it asnwered your question fabs
Is really simple to use & much faster than our old way of doing backups which if I'm honest wasn't very often so we desperately needed this!!
will the component prevent a 500 internal server error or timeout if my provider has set memory limits for executing scripts by stopping and reinitiating the script in intervals?
i would be happy to buy if it prevents this as so far there is no alternative backup tool.
in about 3 months as far as i know there will be a revamped and much extended version of bigape backup which is for free!
will be worth to compare the two then! bigape will probably not offer the cloning and user frontend installation function though..:(