XCloner is a Backup and Restore component designed for Joomla! The purpose is to give users possibility to clone their Joomla installation and move it over the internet on any location!
XCloner 3.0 is a Joomla native extension as well as a standalone backup application!
XCloner can also be used as a standalone backup utility for any PHP/MYSQL site, so it can backup other sites running on Wordpress, Drupal and so on.
- Create full or partial backups based on your input
- Create simple or compressed backups based on your configuration input
- Possibility to create incremental backups, so you avoid the time limit problems on php script executions
- Possibility to exclude directory and files from the backup, manually or through cron settings(AJAX powered)
- Create backups based on a cron task, created backups can be stored on the local server, remotely through ftp or emailed to a custom email account
- Possibility to run multiple cronjobs, based on different configuration files
- Ability to manage existing backups, rename/delete/move, publish to user frontend for sharing
- Possibility to clone any backup to another location, it can be done automatically by using the server ftp function or manually
- Send Backups to the Amazon S3 service
- Configuration area lets you choose on how to generate backups based on your server possibilities
- You can choose to create backups by using only PHP, or by also using some server utilities to speed things up
- Backup split option for systems with file size limitations
- Incremental database backups for large databases
- Send backup to the cloud, Amazon S3 supported
- The generated clone of XCloner can be restored on a totally different server, with new server and mysql details
- Restore both simple and compressed archives
- Restore script is independent from the main component and Joomla and can be run on any host
- Full restore of a clone made with XCloner
- Ability to restore the original files and directories permissions
- Automatic re-write of the new host settings to the configuration file
- Ability to import the clone using either a ftp simulated sessions, or direct restore through php
- Possibility to exclude database from importing
- Ability to restore multiple clones to different locations, and also restore multiple database backups from the same clone
If you check the "Add DROP Syntax" when generating a backup, it will help in replacing existing tables on restore...
That option is disabled by default, but it can easily be checked
Keep up the good work.
I haven't done a full evaluation of the extension yet but the feature I have used are solid, easy to use and remarkable slick.
Installing was simple and even with a low maximum upload limit to my server XCloner installed without having to unpack it fully and FTP it to the tmp directory before installing, it just installed straight from the archive file.
After Xclone was installed on the Virtual Shared Server it worked right out of the box without having to workout any configuration conflicts.
Personally, after using Akeeba for a year on various other installtions, I think its become to complicated, takes to long to back your site up and has become to clever for its own good.
XCloner feels smooth simple and does a great job of backing up your Joomla. I've not tried using a backup to reinstall a Joomla yet but after using XCloner for a month or two I have confidence that the easy slick functionality will continue once I get the opportunity to use it to install from backup files.
In terms of Pros, its solid, easy to use etc as I have said. I haven't found any Cons yet.
The performance of XCloner is supa, really quick to back up vast databases and large collections of files.
Not tested out how the level of support compares to other backup extensions. I'm hoping never have to find this out.
My level of experience with Joomla and web technologies extense to 15 years with web tech and 6 years with Joomla.
XCloner, absolutely solid extension.
This extension is crazy good.
Thanks for the excellent software.
Xcloner was a little intimidating at the start, because I didn't have a frame of reference and didn't know what a lot of the jargon meant. Heck, I'd never really even messed with the Cpanel before. But Ovidiu was very helpful and patient with me. Now that I get it, it's just a snap. Scheduled automatic backups and the restore is a snap. Some of my volunteer peers in other states have been so impressed with my site's design that they want to copy it. With XCloner I can get them the structure they need and they can fill in the content. Cloning my site took all of 15 minutes. Thanks for a near perfect extension.