XCloner is a Backup and Restore component designed for Joomla! The purpose is to give users possibility to clone their Joomla installation and move it over the internet on any location!
XCloner 3.0 is a Joomla native extension as well as a standalone backup application!
XCloner can also be used as a standalone backup utility for any PHP/MYSQL site, so it can backup other sites running on Wordpress, Drupal and so on.
- Create full or partial backups based on your input
- Create simple or compressed backups based on your configuration input
- Possibility to create incremental backups, so you avoid the time limit problems on php script executions
- Possibility to exclude directory and files from the backup, manually or through cron settings(AJAX powered)
- Create backups based on a cron task, created backups can be stored on the local server, remotely through ftp or emailed to a custom email account
- Possibility to run multiple cronjobs, based on different configuration files
- Ability to manage existing backups, rename/delete/move, publish to user frontend for sharing
- Possibility to clone any backup to another location, it can be done automatically by using the server ftp function or manually
- Send Backups to the Amazon S3 service
- Configuration area lets you choose on how to generate backups based on your server possibilities
- You can choose to create backups by using only PHP, or by also using some server utilities to speed things up
- Backup split option for systems with file size limitations
- Incremental database backups for large databases
- Send backup to the cloud, Amazon S3 supported
- The generated clone of XCloner can be restored on a totally different server, with new server and mysql details
- Restore both simple and compressed archives
- Restore script is independent from the main component and Joomla and can be run on any host
- Full restore of a clone made with XCloner
- Ability to restore the original files and directories permissions
- Automatic re-write of the new host settings to the configuration file
- Ability to import the clone using either a ftp simulated sessions, or direct restore through php
- Possibility to exclude database from importing
- Ability to restore multiple clones to different locations, and also restore multiple database backups from the same clone
I downloaded XCloner and ran a backup. I downloaded the .tar file and kept it on my desktop "just in case." Then I attempted to migrate the subfolder into the main folder via FTP and all hell broke loose. Both sites were broken and half of the files didn't transfer. I'm sure I would have been in for a terrible time of putting things back together without XCloner.
All I did was install Joomla 1.5 on the root, then install XCloner and restore the backup from my desktop. It took a little while, but it did the job absolutely perfectly. Every article, every module, every component, every plugin, every setting was identical to the sandbox site when I backed it up.
I breathed a huge sigh of relief!
Thank you XCloner for a perfect product that works VERY well!
I downloaded and installed this component and with the help of the excellent simple documentation a backup for The Alpha Website was created and downloaded to my desktop.
Well Done and God Bless.
I bought the Wordpress backup as well - it takes all the headache and time out of figuring this stuff out for your self and leaves more VDT (Valuable Drinking Time)
Make sure when restoring that you use an empty database before you start the restore process, otherwise, if you created the backup without the "Add DROP Syntax", you will run firstly into import errors and then incomplete restores
Just to add a clarification, XCloner is the native Joomla 1.5 upgrade of JoomlaCloner, and are both included when purchasing
Thank you again for supporting us!
I have now spent over 5 hours to find out of it without any success! So it most be for them there is something better than I, sow you will have to be an expert!
We are very sorry for your experience, but you should get in touch with us to help you with the issues you have, we do have online documentation and our support team usually is pretty responsive to all requests
It took me a little time to really master things, but once I did, I figure I have saved literally hundreds of hours in the past few months by cloning sites instead of creating them from scratch each time. It is much quicker to clone a site then customize it, trust me, I have done it both ways many times, and I will never go back to the old way.
Thanks for a great product!!
I am confident that someone without the challenges I had with two different hosting companies would have a much easier time of it, but without hesitation I wholeheartedly recommend this vendor and this product.
I just wish there was better documentation and EXAMPLES..... but other than that it was fantastic.
Very easy to use, just follow the prompts, sit back, relax and let this application do all the backing up and restoration for you.
Definitely a life saver and a must for all your Joomla website backups.