XCloner is a Backup and Restore component designed for Joomla! The purpose is to give users possibility to clone their Joomla installation and move it over the internet on any location!
XCloner 3.0 is a Joomla native extension as well as a standalone backup application!
XCloner can also be used as a standalone backup utility for any PHP/MYSQL site, so it can backup other sites running on Wordpress, Drupal and so on.
- Create full or partial backups based on your input
- Create simple or compressed backups based on your configuration input
- Possibility to create incremental backups, so you avoid the time limit problems on php script executions
- Possibility to exclude directory and files from the backup, manually or through cron settings(AJAX powered)
- Create backups based on a cron task, created backups can be stored on the local server, remotely through ftp or emailed to a custom email account
- Possibility to run multiple cronjobs, based on different configuration files
- Ability to manage existing backups, rename/delete/move, publish to user frontend for sharing
- Possibility to clone any backup to another location, it can be done automatically by using the server ftp function or manually
- Send Backups to the Amazon S3 service
- Configuration area lets you choose on how to generate backups based on your server possibilities
- You can choose to create backups by using only PHP, or by also using some server utilities to speed things up
- Backup split option for systems with file size limitations
- Incremental database backups for large databases
- Send backup to the cloud, Amazon S3 supported
- The generated clone of XCloner can be restored on a totally different server, with new server and mysql details
- Restore both simple and compressed archives
- Restore script is independent from the main component and Joomla and can be run on any host
- Full restore of a clone made with XCloner
- Ability to restore the original files and directories permissions
- Automatic re-write of the new host settings to the configuration file
- Ability to import the clone using either a ftp simulated sessions, or direct restore through php
- Possibility to exclude database from importing
- Ability to restore multiple clones to different locations, and also restore multiple database backups from the same clone
I set up a cron job in my cpanel for the first time - it was much easier than I expected. I had always avoided the crontab, thinking it was too complicated.
Put this in the cron's "command to run":
replacing [MYPATH] with yours.
The cron job runs JoomlaCloner every night, which creates a backup file and ftp's the file to another server.
So now I can have all the Joomla sites I manage run a daily backup and transfer it off the live server to another server that's used for storing backups.
You can set it to delete backups that are older than xx days.
I then upgraded to Joomlav 1.55 on local host and XCloned the entire site to remote server like above.
Yes i am quite impressed with this program as it will save me hours of time lost. My aim was to do all the work on local host and clone it to remote server without the hassel of reinstall/reconfig.
Now, both my Joomla site and my forum get backed up nightly at Midnight. Thanks for the awesome work!
Easy to use, easy to install, great instructions - done!
This is one extension you don't want to cheap out on! I had this module installed and running in about 1/2 hour, including reading the instructions.
I bought the lifetime support, and this is something I will never regret.
By the way, I only have little experience with Joomla and none with SQL what so ever, but .XCloner just works like a charm.
From the day I first bought this component almost a year ago, it has worked almost flawlessly. There were initially a couple of stumbles, but those were user error and you guys took the time to explain the issue to me and things have worked perfectly, EVEN through an extended period of time on GoDaddy servers.
I make my living exclusively working with Joomla, and every site I create is a Joomla site with VERY few exceptions. Your component has made it possible for me to do my job and make that living. I want to thank you sincerely for your work on this component and for the value you have added to my business. The annual fee was a pittance compared to the amount of time and headaches you have saved me.