XCloner is a Backup and Restore component designed for Joomla! The purpose is to give users possibility to clone their Joomla installation and move it over the internet on any location!
XCloner 3.0 is a Joomla native extension as well as a standalone backup application!
XCloner can also be used as a standalone backup utility for any PHP/MYSQL site, so it can backup other sites running on Wordpress, Drupal and so on.
- Create full or partial backups based on your input
- Create simple or compressed backups based on your configuration input
- Possibility to create incremental backups, so you avoid the time limit problems on php script executions
- Possibility to exclude directory and files from the backup, manually or through cron settings(AJAX powered)
- Create backups based on a cron task, created backups can be stored on the local server, remotely through ftp or emailed to a custom email account
- Possibility to run multiple cronjobs, based on different configuration files
- Ability to manage existing backups, rename/delete/move, publish to user frontend for sharing
- Possibility to clone any backup to another location, it can be done automatically by using the server ftp function or manually
- Send Backups to the Amazon S3 service
- Configuration area lets you choose on how to generate backups based on your server possibilities
- You can choose to create backups by using only PHP, or by also using some server utilities to speed things up
- Backup split option for systems with file size limitations
- Incremental database backups for large databases
- Send backup to the cloud, Amazon S3 supported
- The generated clone of XCloner can be restored on a totally different server, with new server and mysql details
- Restore both simple and compressed archives
- Restore script is independent from the main component and Joomla and can be run on any host
- Full restore of a clone made with XCloner
- Ability to restore the original files and directories permissions
- Automatic re-write of the new host settings to the configuration file
- Ability to import the clone using either a ftp simulated sessions, or direct restore through php
- Possibility to exclude database from importing
- Ability to restore multiple clones to different locations, and also restore multiple database backups from the same clone
Now, both my Joomla site and my forum get backed up nightly at Midnight. Thanks for the awesome work!
Easy to use, easy to install, great instructions - done!
This is one extension you don't want to cheap out on! I had this module installed and running in about 1/2 hour, including reading the instructions.
I bought the lifetime support, and this is something I will never regret.
By the way, I only have little experience with Joomla and none with SQL what so ever, but .XCloner just works like a charm.
From the day I first bought this component almost a year ago, it has worked almost flawlessly. There were initially a couple of stumbles, but those were user error and you guys took the time to explain the issue to me and things have worked perfectly, EVEN through an extended period of time on GoDaddy servers.
I make my living exclusively working with Joomla, and every site I create is a Joomla site with VERY few exceptions. Your component has made it possible for me to do my job and make that living. I want to thank you sincerely for your work on this component and for the value you have added to my business. The annual fee was a pittance compared to the amount of time and headaches you have saved me.
If you want to add multiple or non Joomla databases, just make sure to add an SQL user to be able to read the forum database and all you need to do next is select the extra databases you want in the Xcloner configuration...PRESTO!! Automation of backups comes through cron and I did have some trouble setting that up, but that was not Xcloners' fault, it was my lack of knowledge on cron. The documentation could be a little more newbie proof on that end perhaps.
Another neat little feature to mention is the button to exclude the backup folder from your backups without having to configure excludes manually.
Right after I installed the component, I did run into an error, but this was resolved very quickly by the author after I sent a ticket. I sent this in the evening here in Canada, and he replied in a couple of minutes, it must have been late in the night in Europe so I didn't expect an answer till the next morning, so again....hats off.
All in all, highly recommended for Joomla and non-Joomla sites.
Most of my sites are too big for Joompack (which I also recommend, just for smaller sites) and always time out. This is so sweet, and I haven't even tested out the Clone or Move features yet (will soon after client signs).
Highly recommended. I wish this was my first purchase a long time ago. Would have saved me loads of time and headaches.
the best thing about this program is that is compatible with joomla 1.x and also 1.5 and it works perfect in both of them.
also their support is the best .. i have purchase lots of components and every is trying to do their best on support but this people are in the top of the best support.
So i started to look for a possible Component which could help me and save my time if i wanted to do this in the future!
I took a look at XCloner (which is what it is called now), and since i really needed anything to try to get done with this problem, i decided to buy it, because itis cheap and it won't do any harm if it doesnt work.
I was SHOCKED, it's the first time i actully get full use that fast of something i just bought.
I was able to copy my whole Joomla folders + the Database in minutes, I was able to have the new website up and runing in less than 15mn (Not Kidding).
I cant belive that it even changed the links in my mainmenu to the new domain by itself.
GET THIS Component if you want to:
1)Backup your Database and/or files dialy or weekly.
2)Want to move your site to another host.
3)Want to have the ability to clone Joomla sites for new customers without having to worry about uploading files and going with the install process again.
Really great work JoomlaPlug! I love you
This is a great component. I had some trouble (due to my inexperience) and Ovidiu sorted things out for me in no time, at all hours of the weekend, and was very patient with me.
i didn't bother with the trial - i just bought it... and it's a fantastic component!
i struggled with the restore because i hadn't read the simple notes properly (and because i'm new at this :)
i raised a ticket and within minutes Ovidiu was there, offering me help all the way, way beyond what is deemed as great support!!!
2 posts later and i was cloning and transferring 2 joomla sites across hosts.
seriously... these posts raving about the unreal support are spot on! this product is worth every penny (cent) WITHOUT the support, but the absolute commitment by the developer(s) to get you up and running is unparalleled!!!!
i highly recommend this company and this component: if you buy anything for your joomla, make it this diamond!