XCloner is a Backup and Restore component designed for Joomla! The purpose is to give users possibility to clone their Joomla installation and move it over the internet on any location!
XCloner 3.0 is a Joomla native extension as well as a standalone backup application!
XCloner can also be used as a standalone backup utility for any PHP/MYSQL site, so it can backup other sites running on Wordpress, Drupal and so on.
- Create full or partial backups based on your input
- Create simple or compressed backups based on your configuration input
- Possibility to create incremental backups, so you avoid the time limit problems on php script executions
- Possibility to exclude directory and files from the backup, manually or through cron settings(AJAX powered)
- Create backups based on a cron task, created backups can be stored on the local server, remotely through ftp or emailed to a custom email account
- Possibility to run multiple cronjobs, based on different configuration files
- Ability to manage existing backups, rename/delete/move, publish to user frontend for sharing
- Possibility to clone any backup to another location, it can be done automatically by using the server ftp function or manually
- Send Backups to the Amazon S3 service
- Configuration area lets you choose on how to generate backups based on your server possibilities
- You can choose to create backups by using only PHP, or by also using some server utilities to speed things up
- Backup split option for systems with file size limitations
- Incremental database backups for large databases
- Send backup to the cloud, Amazon S3 supported
- The generated clone of XCloner can be restored on a totally different server, with new server and mysql details
- Restore both simple and compressed archives
- Restore script is independent from the main component and Joomla and can be run on any host
- Full restore of a clone made with XCloner
- Ability to restore the original files and directories permissions
- Automatic re-write of the new host settings to the configuration file
- Ability to import the clone using either a ftp simulated sessions, or direct restore through php
- Possibility to exclude database from importing
- Ability to restore multiple clones to different locations, and also restore multiple database backups from the same clone
The site was seriously hacked in the past, I can sleep easier now.
Minor point, I used the Joomlahacks SMF bridge, after transferring to a new domain, you have to go to the bridge component, change the path and repatch the files (another 10 seconds!)
Probably the best component I have installed
It was complicated a little by the hosting company's permissions and that they had two config.php files.
The staff at Joomla Plug worked on it over the course of hours. (I have about a dozen emails in my inbox of us going back and forth trying to figure it out.)
Where can you ever get such support? I bought the $100 version and have found it to be totally worth it. Somethings just can't be commercial free. Backing up a joomla site is one of them.
I bought a license of JoomlaCloner 2 days ago because I had problems cloning my site to my new host and wouldn't spend my whole Holidays on working to get my new site up and running.
Within Hours the whole site (190 MB) was cloned to a temporary account and today again in no time to my actual (new) account.
The support provided was excellent!
Reply's on my emails within minutes, fixes of minor problems (settings of rights) even faster. They even fixed problems that I had with some components like gallery1.
You know: Dutch ppl are not particularly fast on spending money but these are the best $$ ever spend on web tools.
For me is JoomlaCloner a must have component!
The program itself does exactly what it says, and I was able to clone my site on a completely different server!
I feel great now having a backup for all my hard work.
Thanks again Ovidiu, your product and service is top notch!
I did have a spot of trouble when I first started, but it was because my site is large (300mb) and I had server timeouts. But this is where the developer steps in with the most incredible support I have ever experienced! He even went in and fixed a mess created by another unrelated commercial component. Wow!
Back up your whole site, and move it anywhere just like it says. You get what you pay for, but in some cases you get a lot more.
Forget about reinstalling joomla...clone away, effortlessly
with joomla cloner
I was looking for a tool to automatically backup a repository website which contains a lot of files and data. After Upgrading to a new server with a newer php and MySql version I had to go through the nightmare of manually inserting tables into the new database. I wish I had this tool then.
So a yesterday I purchased the version for unlimited use (99 dollar) installed it, but didn't get the automatic cronjob to work. Today I posted a ticket for support. In less then 30 minutes I received an email, granted them temporarily backend access and after some trial and error they solved the problem without having to rewrite some backend server script or use the cron functionality on cPanel (which I don't have, btw)
Conclusion: Buy it, install it, use it and have no worries!
If a site gets hacked you get a chance to find out how, fix the problems and restore. Simple.
Best £27 I spent in ages.
When we hit our first stumbling block, I submitted a support ticket and within 3 minutes received an answer that WORKED. Then, we immediately ran into another issue, submitted a follow-up ticket, and almost as quickly received another working solution. We are now up and running, and cloned the site another 4 times (successfully) to accommodate 5 separate Joomla installs, one for our 'District' and four others for four 'School' sites.
All in a days work. Buy this product now!
Granted, the software would benefit from a proper, but brief instruction manual, to give both the big picture of what it does, and how to do the details. But in the end, it does clone sites, and it does backup everything with one go. That is what it claims to do, and it does it well.
I have read and seen the excellent tutorials on the joomlaplug website. I also started using the component in several of my sites without a glitch.
Until I stumbled into a JaclPlused site I have. There the restore function would no enable me to gain admin access to the restored site. Bummer - I thought!
No problem! Just went into the ticket support system of the site and started a new ticket with this issue. After some debugging and live support (due to the exquisite nature of the problem - ACL) Ovidiu - the joomlaplug GOD (I don't know how else to call him) the problem was solved. And I might add it was not a straightforward one. AND, it wasn't actually a Jomola Cloner bug. I also have to add that the return times on support requests is BLINDING FAST!
Therefore I came to two conclusions:
1 - I must review this component, coder, support website as 5 STAR.
2 - Ovidiu must surely NOT sleep! He answers your prayers before you even submit your ticket.
I am totally satisfied with this backup solution. I do sleep a bit better, now that I know I have full backups of my sites with SQL DB's and all.
More importantly, the level of support and willingness to help on the part of the developer made this probably the most pleasant purchase of a commercial Joomla product I've ever had!