Tough on Bots. Easy on People.
Rather than forcing people to decipher warped and distorted characters or words, Confident CAPTCHA presents the visitor with a grid of randomly-generated pictures and asks them to click on specific pictures to verify that they are human and not a bot.
Confident CAPTCHA is a FREE web service provided by Confident Technologies. Use it to stop spam and bots on Web forms, comment posts, new account registrations, polls and surveys, and many other areas of your website.
The CAPTCHA does not take up much space on the web page. It is displayed as a small button. When the user clicks on the button the CAPTCHA image grid is appears as a fly-out or a light box.
Website administrators can choose:
• The grid size and number of images to display
• The number of images users must click
• Optional audio verification for the visually impaired
• Fail open or Fail Close
• International languages
• Mobile-optimized version available
• Optional: Earn revenue by allowing advertisements in the CAPTCHA. Learn more about monetizing your CAPTCHA here: http://confidenttechnologies.com/products/captcha-advertising
Get It Now:
You must register to get the unique key credentials needed to make the Confident CAPTCHA web service run on your website. Register to get key credentials here: http://www.confidenttechnologies.com/Get_Confident_CAPTCHA
Follow the easy to use documentation to get Confident CAPTCHA running on your site:
Watch this short video tutorial showing how to get Confident CAPTCHA up and running on your Joomla site in less than 5 minutes: http://www.confidenttechnologies.com/content/how-install-confident-captcha-joomla-website
So I emailed contact us. got nice and quick reply saying this is self service but supply the details and we'll have a look.
waited a few days, nothing so I installed and followed instructions of another plugin that does the same thing. small code to add in php pages but it was cut and past into 2 files... all done
Sorry but it just didn't work as per promised.
Instructions I received:
* Go to the administration pages, log in
* Go to Extensions tab, Install/Uninstall
* Install Confident CAPTCHA plugin
* Go to Extensions / Plugin manager (follow suggested link)
* Add API credentials, Save
* Enable the plugin (select then Enable)
* Go to Components / Contacts / Contacts, select Name
* Enter parameters:
* Name: Site Admin
* Alias: admin
* Contact Position: Admin
* Email: Yours
* Miscellaneous: Let me know what you think of our new CAPTCHA
* Parameters (right side): show Name, Misc., hide everything else
* Go to Menus/Main Menu, select Home
* Click the "Change Type" button
* Select Contacts, then Standard Contact Layout
* In right toolbar, select first entry in Contact "Site Admin - Admin", Save
* Logout, go to "Return to site Home Page"
* Admire your CAPTCHA