In order to translate this extension into your native language if not supported you can perform the following steps.
1. Change to plugins/system/rvs_recaptcha/language folder
2. Copy en-GB folder to xx-XX (your language code)
3. Rename the files inside the new folder
4. Change the language strings
If you translate this extension into another language I would love to add the translations to the plugin package, so if that is a possibility please contact me.
You'll find me at #joomla@freenode
- Added Dutch tranlsation (nl-NL)
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation (pt-BR)
- Added Turkish translation (tr-TR)
- Added Swedish translation (sv-SE)
- Added Italian translation (it-IT)
- Updated Spanish translation (es-ES)
- As per request in the comments, added support for the forgotten password and username reminder forms. Please keep in mind that the spanish and french translation might be a little flaky, corrections are welcomed.
- Updater support was added recently, and this is the first update that can be installed through the update manager.
- Joomla! 1.7 compatibility
- Remove additional "Form Validation" fieldset, field is now part of the registration form
- Add some languages
- Fix template loading bug when no public API keys is given
- Add support for contact form
So, I installed this plugin and IT WORKS!
Download, Install, Insert the 2 Captcha keys and activate. That's all.
I only have some minor annoyances.. The CAPTCHA section of the registration displays a title "Form validation" (or the legend html tag), which I think looks really bad. I removed it from my form and it looks much better!
Next, still regarding the visual stuff, if the dl, dt, and dd html tags could be removed from the form, it would left align the CAPTCHA, and it would look really really good. (Don't know if that's possible with the JForm API (or at least on the registration page)?)
I also see there's also some interesting mailhide code in your plugin. I bet you might be thinking about a future mailhide feature release. Cool! :)
Bottom line: It works, it's free, it's worthit to use! Thanks so much for developing this plugin! :)
The Captcha is normally the very first extension I install on any Joomla! instance.
- Easy to install en configure
- One can change the reCaptcha Style
- Seamless intergration with Joomla! 1.6
- Protection on Registrion Form
- No protection on Contact Form
The reason that it is not currently supporting the contact form is that I recently discovered the contact form does not use the new JForm way of building forms, so fields are not that easily injected without hacking or overriding templates.
Instead of hacking around it, I am focusing my attention on rewriting the contact form to do so and once this is included in joomla the plugin will support it too.
I am sorry for the inconvenience