Login protector can also restrict any login to back-end on specified time intervals, days and time periods (for example if you are temporarily not working on your site and you are sure that nobody should have access to it.)
The available features are:
- Notify muiltiple recipients, when somebody loggs-in to Joomla back-end
- Customizable letter subject
- Customizable letter text (Use of predefined variables such as %SITENAME%, %USER_NAME%, %USER_TYPE%, %USER_IP%, %LOGIN_TIME% etc.)
- Restrict login to back-end on specified time-intervals (Example: 10:00-15:00)
- Restrict login to back-end on specified week days (Example: 1,3,7 - restrict on Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday)
- Restrict login to back-end for a period of time (Example: month, 3 months, year, etc.)
Changes in version 1.0.3:
- Now available to notify muiltiple recipients, when somebody loggs-in to Joomla front-end
- All time-restriction policy is available for front-end monitoring
- You can specify particular user logins to monitor and restrict access to them
- Some bugs fixed, optimized code
- Russian support added (Separate package)
Changes in version 2.5.3 for Joomla 2.5:
Thanks to Russ, these improvements and changes have been made:
- Fixed error Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated
- Fixed bug with displaying User Type in Email message
- Fixed bug with login restriction policy
- Added 2 new parameters: time-format and timezone for better controlling date logging format in Emails
- Added 2 new parameters to customize the error message shown to user which is being blocked by policy
I tried to contact the developer from the official website but it is in Russian and I cannot understand. I want to ask, any plans for a version from Joomla 2.5 ?
thanks and congrats!
Hi! Thanks for your review! I'm very glad to hear that LoginProtector is useful extension! Unfortunately, I don't have time and resources at the moment to upgrade the extension to Joomla 2.5. But as soon as I learn new features, differences of version 2.5 from older ones, I'll try to upgrade the plugin.
I also want to say thank you again. Keep up the good work.
Hi, miladfathi! Thanks for your review. The latest version of Login Protector is 1.0.3 and it includes the feature you need. To monitor front-end users you must select "Yes" for the option "Enable front-end logon E-mail notification?" in the properties' page of the plugin and save your settings. You will be notified with the letter, as soon as user enters the front-end.
The only thing I would like to see is blocking/monitoring the front-end as well...if someone logs in through the front end and changes the password my site could be in danger.
Thanks, Solrac! I will add the possibility to control the front-end in the nearest version of the plugin.