- Restrict administrator with a secret URL parameter
- Web Application Firewall to block common exploits (SQL injection, XSS, DFI, RFI, malicious user agent, CSRF/spam-bot protection, uploads scanner)
- Bad word filtering
- IP Whitelisting for the administrator section
- IP Blacklisting
- Geographic block (deny access to specific countries/continents)
- Modification of Generator meta tag and other sensitive HTTP headers
- Email on administrator login
- Block front-end Super Administrator log-in
- Block Super Administrator user modification
- Block extensions installation
- Block visual fingerprinting (tmpl, template and tp URL parameters)
- Integration of the Bad Behavior anti-spam library
- Project Honeypot IP blacklist integration
- Automatic IP blocking of repeat offenders
- Email notifications of all detected security issues
- URL redirections (exclusive support for query parameters!)
- Scheduled site maintenance operations
The software is GPL; buying a single subscription you can install it on as many sites as you want and keep it running even after your subscription expires, without encrypted code, domain limitations or other such nuisances.
You just can't afford not to use it. Besides being a reasonably priced component and allowed for multi installation, this one is simply the best of the rest. Highly recommended.
And the support is simple fabulous. Nicholas does not take support questions lightly. He's persistent with a support request and endevours to solve your problems.
I'm extremely happy with Admin Tools. Now i'm trying out Akeeba Backup Pro. So far....its Fantastic!! Duh!
It also holds all the functionality of a lot of the small plugins that are free, but here it's put together in one package, which makes maintenance a lot easier.
Since I installed it, I cought and prevented several attacks on my website.
I never thought before that there are so many bad IPs whant to harm my website, now I have automated protection and detailed insights in every security exceptions that occurs on my website.
If you have access to your raw log file on your web server, than you can track all bad activities.
It became fun, tracking and blocking of bad IP-s, and report them to projecthoneypot to help others.
Every recommendations from me and my team.
It is also an added value to the service i provide to my clients. Making them also happy to know additional security is added to their websites.
I started with the free version, but was so happy, that it took me only 2 seconds to think whether i should get the pro version or not.
I've never been disappointed. The support is excellent and fast. And i never had some stupid answers you can get by other paid extension support because they don't read your question or other answer properly or stupid/irrelevant answers to buy time. With the Akeeba team i get a working answer all the time.
85 euros for Admin Tool Pro and Akeeba Backup Pro plus high priority and private ticket support; is nothing. If you think about it. For any web developer (newbie or agencies) that cost is absorbed by only one (yes 1) contract. But you get to install these Pro extension on as many sites as you want.
All in all, i strongly recommend this extensions and their other ones. For me they became part of my default install with JCE when i start a joomla website.
- to generate the .htaccess that optimizes and secures the operation of a site without writing virtually any line of code.
- To combine the .js and .css and today I just beat all records of page load time with with less than 20 requests in 5 - 10 seconds measured by Firebug and a score of 90-95 which is A in YSlow.
- To clean the sessions, repair the database, create a password for the administrator directory... and many other things. Admin Tools performs these tasks that before were simply tedious and time required a lot of research and several components and plugins to use.
Note: Up until now on the same test site with different competitor components and plugins I had trouble getting better than 40 requests, 12 seconds of load time and a score of 80 in YSlow. (I have a low level ADSL 512 Kb to 1 Mb)
I would have not gotten these speed scores of my site without quality Akeeba documentation and the advice which Nicholas gives for Admin Tools Pro and other products that I use (Akeeba Subscriptions, Akeeba Release System and Akeeba Backup).
The forms of technical support are very profitable for a webmaster like me who developed his own websites with the great Joomla CMS without being a pro PHP programmer.
5 stars or more, at least!
Akeeba more products are already available for Joomla 3.0
Nicholas, good luck for this excellent work.
Technically the extension is fantastic!
Support is great and Nicholas does more than one can expect!
We also used Akeeba Backup, which saved us many times. And just to say thank you we went professional there too.
Thanks to Nicholas and the other great developers the Joomla world is definitely a wonderful place!
If nothing you should get the product for the unbelievable support you get from Nicholas. In addition there is a knowledge base you can use to try and find the answer to a possible problem.
As far as the extension goes, it has some really cool options especially in the WAF.
Of course, I went over the top in my setup (that is what I do) on that and promptly locked myself out of the site. No problem, I went to the knowledge base and immediately new how to fix the situation.
The builder of htaccess files is awesome, link to Bad Behavior use(search for Bad Behavior extensions, they were pulled from this site a couple of years ago because of a code issue with core Joomla! This software is running just fine), Honeypot implementation and more. You can black or whitelist specific ip addresses, as well as lock out entire country ips. You can plan for what to do if there are security exceptions; ban them after a certain number of tries, email you when it happens, and so on. Go ahead and google this extension to see what you find. I would be hard pressed to find something negative about it.
Don't be stupid, just buy it. I just wish all commercial extension people stood behind their product like Nicholas does.