- Restrict administrator with a secret URL parameter
- Web Application Firewall to block common exploits (SQL injection, XSS, DFI, RFI, malicious user agent, CSRF/spam-bot protection, uploads scanner)
- Bad word filtering
- IP Whitelisting for the administrator section
- IP Blacklisting
- Geographic block (deny access to specific countries/continents)
- Modification of Generator meta tag and other sensitive HTTP headers
- Email on administrator login
- Block front-end Super Administrator log-in
- Block Super Administrator user modification
- Block extensions installation
- Block visual fingerprinting (tmpl, template and tp URL parameters)
- Integration of the Bad Behavior anti-spam library
- Project Honeypot IP blacklist integration
- Automatic IP blocking of repeat offenders
- Email notifications of all detected security issues
- URL redirections (exclusive support for query parameters!)
- Scheduled site maintenance operations
The software is GPL; buying a single subscription you can install it on as many sites as you want and keep it running even after your subscription expires, without encrypted code, domain limitations or other such nuisances.
I love the Web Application Firewall and the .htaccess generator!
Stable and essential component for helping to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of one's Joomla installation.
Some of the settings can be confusing. There needs to be more tool-tips and hover-text provided for every option that clearly explains what they're for.
A no-brainer. EVERY Joomla Admin should have this component. This should be part of Joomla core!
Admin Tools has many features, and raised the security of our web site to the highest level, because site is a joomla, this component essential.
Automatic block users who attempt to invade and to report to the selected e-mail / mobile phone if something that I like the most. Admin Tools Professional is like swiss knife for Joomla, need to have installed.
The time and effort it saves, not to mention the abundance of features is staggering. It's top of my list of must have extensions. Just brilliant. Thankyou!
Even the provided well done PDF guide and all its detailed and valuable info. worth the cost paid for the Admin Tools Pro Subscription by far.
Thanks a lot for that and keep-up the good work and superb support!
I cannot emphasise enough quite how much this is a fantastic extension to have. Having given the free version a try once i looked at the comparison table to see how much more functionality the commercial version gives you, it was a no brainer really. So here I am two weeks in and I love it.
Cannot recommend this enough to anyone - this should be one of the first things you install on your joomla site !!
Nicholas, you are awesome !
Everything about the functionality seems to so carefully though of and the ease of use and simplicity for the user is amazing.
This a very clever and professional piece of work. Thanks a lot for this great component.
I can't believe I ever ran my site WITHOUT this tool. Very easy to set up, with thorough documentation, I had it running within 15 minutes. That process REALLY opened my eyes to how many basic changes you can make to your site to help increase security - along with many more sophisticated means as well.
Using this tool has also shown me that security paranoia is well justified. My sites - which have only low to moderate traffic - are the targets of basic hacking attempts several times each day (I had no idea).
While using this tool is clearly not the magic bullet for site security, it gives you a big boost in the right direction.
By default, it does tons of hugely useful things which I can remember having to do manually (and frequently making mistakes and breaking entire sites!) and with the update feature, I am happy to allow clients to maintain the site themselves.
The WAF is great, if a little strict, by default - but configurable enough to be able to enable and disable features to your requirements.
Support has been top notch, quick, responsive and helpful. Documentation is very good (if you read it!) and it integrates well with Akeeba Backup as well - prompting to take a backup prior to updating, for example.
Only slight frustration is the rate at which Nicholas releases new versions, I'm constantly having clients call me telling me it's out of date! But that's a good thing! :))