- Restrict administrator with a secret URL parameter
- Web Application Firewall to block common exploits (SQL injection, XSS, DFI, RFI, malicious user agent, CSRF/spam-bot protection, uploads scanner)
- Bad word filtering
- IP Whitelisting for the administrator section
- IP Blacklisting
- Geographic block (deny access to specific countries/continents)
- Modification of Generator meta tag and other sensitive HTTP headers
- Email on administrator login
- Block front-end Super Administrator log-in
- Block Super Administrator user modification
- Block extensions installation
- Block visual fingerprinting (tmpl, template and tp URL parameters)
- Integration of the Bad Behavior anti-spam library
- Project Honeypot IP blacklist integration
- Automatic IP blocking of repeat offenders
- Email notifications of all detected security issues
- URL redirections (exclusive support for query parameters!)
- Scheduled site maintenance operations
The software is GPL; buying a single subscription you can install it on as many sites as you want and keep it running even after your subscription expires, without encrypted code, domain limitations or other such nuisances.
Support requests are handled fast and accurate. Admin Tools and (from the same firm) Akeeba Backup are the first extensions we install on a new site.
The protection, the documentation are very complete.
You must read all the documentation before using it and after that it is very good.
The updates from my sites does not work all the time but I had the url and I can use it.
Bravo and thank you.
If you want to protect your website you have two choices:
A. Shot off your server, or
B. Use ATP
NOTE - The best updating is uninstall old version, clean system and install the new version to eliminate any possible problems.
The rest I can say with full confidence I sleep very well in the night.
Nick is helpful, but you have to configure the ATP for your needs.
Thanks again for this program.
The Web Application Firewall is the killer feature of this extension - the e-mail alerts that you can set up for security threats are invaluable. The ability to give the administrator login page a special location (like /administrator?impossible_to_guess1989) is also an important feature. It also contains a number of tools for stuff you should already be doing even if you don't have the extension, such as changing the db prefix and password protecting the admin directory.
AdminTools Pro was relatively easy to set up, and the documentation is extensive.
Thank you for all the hard work, Akeeba!
I really hope that with the admin tools will be over now
Many greetings from classic park
While Admin Tools can certainly help towards your goal, I strongly encourage you to read our site unpacking walkthrough and follow all of its instructions. It's available on AkeebaBackup.com under Documentation, Walkthroughs.
Had a lot of plugins running to do what this component does at once. It's worth every penny - that's for sure.
Also want to mention the outstanding support - even for non paying user :-) Many others can learn from these guys.
Akeeba admin tools pro is everything it promises, along with fast, friendly service when I needed some help.
It simplifies admin tasks, setting permissions, creating .htaccess and wrapping a wall around the site to prevent those nasty bots from munching into my files.
I learn't a lot from the well written manual about security threats, what they are and how to prevent them and highly recommend this component and Akeeba back up.
Well worth the money for the pro version!
Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos impressed me so much with his personal quick response while I had the free versions, that I felt I should invest with the "AKEEBADELUXE" (Pro versions of Admin Tools & Akeeba Back up), I'm so happy with the pro versions.
I'd rate the developer as A+, regular updates to accommodate Joomla development, works as advertised, intuitive, good documentation, and fantastic quick support.
If you've used the free versions, go pro, definitely worth the extra features for the small investment!