Four types of threats detected:
- search engine
- suspicious IP
- collector mail addresses
- spammers comments
It compares the IP address of the visitor in a database managed by HoneyPot Project.
For this you need to register free on their website to get an API key.
Please, use link of plugin presentation.
Several options are available:
- blocking level customized
- record suspicious IP and other attacks
- geolocation of attacks
- notification by mail customized
And soon a component to export data logging.
If you wish to actively contribute to the Honey Pot Project and you have a domain.
You can add an MX entry in your DNS.
Everything is explained on the their website.
- de-DE (need corrections)
- es-ES (need corrections)
- it-IT (need corrections)
- pt-BR (downloaded from website)
And other if you help me.
My client's site was clearly being targetted for spam in form comments and this plug-in has completely stopped the flow.
A couple of things I'd really like to see are:-
1. A little more explanation on what "known" and "unknown" search engine blocking actually means.
2. Notifications that include the details that are being written into the log.
3. Some way of easily previewing what a blocked site actually looks like to a spammer.
Thank you for your interest.
1. It is a relative concept I agree but I do not control this parameter.
This is projecthoneypot.org which manages this and they say 11 known search engines. The next version of HPJ specify this information in log record.
2. I do not quite understand your request.
3. It is expected with the next version. With the ability to change the color of the banner.
It will also contain a component, and many more options.
If you want, send me an email and I will send you the beta version.
Higly recommneded when you want to secure your website.