RSFirewall! is backed up by a team of experts that are trained to be always up to date with the latest known vulnerabilities, security updates making RSFirewall! the best choice in keeping your website safe.
* Joomla! 3.0 / 2.5 / 1.5 Native
* Offers a powerful protection service
* Your website will be always protected against the newest threats
* The Active scanner will track and block any intrusion attempt such as SQL injection
* You won't have to worry about security leaks once you set the website in Lock-down mode
* Don't worry about 3rd Party extensions vulnerability. RSFirewall! protects all your Joomla! website
* Allows you to scan and fix vulnerabilities (no expert knowledge needed).
* Actively scans Joomla! sensitive file and denies hacker attempts to change them.
* Filters any request, such as POST, GET, etc. and blocks SQL injection attempts
* Notifies you by e-mail or even by SMS when a certain level of Alert is generated
* Always keeps you informed about the latest security updates
* Sets the Joomla! Installation into Lockdown mode making it impossible for anyone to access your website's protected areas
* Denies administrator take-overs
* Captcha after unsuccessful admin login attempts
* Country IP blocking
RSFirewall has given me nothing but headaches with:
1. Unwanted redirects (from http://mydomain.com/adminitrator to http://www.mydomain.com/administrator and we all know what issues the www. can cause.)
2. Failed login issues (even when the login and password names are copied directly from my password vault) usually related to www. redirect
3. missing WYSIWYG editors since I installed it.
I have tried to get answers from the developers 3 different times but got 3 different responses each time basically saying: "It’s not our programs fault it doesn’t effect any of the issues you are having..."
The worst part is it got worse over the last two updates. So I am convinced without doubt that this extension is the source of all my issues.
I finally got tired of messing with it and decided to just uninstall the whole thing, now I have even more issues with my admin area. It will sort of work in IE8, won’t work in Firefox now, and we won’t even discuss Chrome.
Be careful if you use this extension. I don’t know exactly what this extension did that caused all the problems but I know I didn’t have any of these issues till I installed this extension and ran the security check. I will likely be uninstalling and reinstalling my entire joomla site from scratch because of all of this.
On the plus side I did like the reporting features and the lock down feature.
1) & 2) RSFirewall! will never create any redirects and there's not a single line of code in the package that would have to do anything about redirects. You wrongfully created a htaccess file that redirects from non-www to www, and in the process left $live_site in your configuration.php to the non-www version. This way, your redirects where happening even when submitting forms (such as the user login).
3) There hasn't been a single report of such an issue, furthermore RSFirewall! has been tested with the most popular editors (tinyMCE, JCE, JoomlaCK) and there are no incompatibilites.
The fact that when you uninstalled RSFirewall! your admin panel "crashed" has no logic and there's no proof to support it - if such issues did exist, we would have known about them and fixed them. RSFirewall! does not modify any system files so it's highly unlikely that a simple uninstall would have caused something like this.
This review states facts that have no explanation other than the user error - since RSFirewall! does not handle redirects (how would that be a security feature, since RSFirewall! is a security software ?), does not change any lines within system files (including editors, and has even been tested for compatibility with them), how can all of this have happened ? The user clearly made some changes to his website around the same time he installed RSFirewall! and, without thinking it through (or even listening to our replies, even though we searched for this user and couldn't find any information on him) blamed RSFirewall! for everything (because it's easier to blame somebody else than to fix your own errors).
I had a couple technical issues, as a result submitted tickets and received assistance within 24 hours. They fixed my problems via the back-end - truly a wonderful experience. Support staff really cares and fixed my site, plus they installed the updated version without asking. I look forward to having my site secure while I sleep at night.
I also use RSProForm which is a great product to use. It integrates well with the rest of the extensions!
Soon after I looked for security solutions and found RSFirewall. I have since used it on every site I have build and I will continue to do so for as long as I build Joomla sites. The cost, while high compared to some extensions, is incredibly cheap when you factor in the hours it would take to restore the site in the event of it being hacked.
I am now far more diligent with my updates, however recently a third part extension was compromised across the web, ck forms, and many hundreds of sites were attached due to the sql injection attack used.
My sites were also targeted, before I learned of the exploit, but I was pleased to learn that RSFirewall had been protecting me the whole time.
If you only buy one extension for your Joomla site, make it this one. Take the advise of someone who has worked many free hours restoring websites due to hacks and don't make the same mistakes that I did.
Thanks for the great extension guys. I hope you continue to support it for many years to come.
We use other RSJoomla products too. All products of this company have perfect technical and commercial support.
Thank you, colleagues!
If your site does get hacked you can install a backup but you still need to find where and to protect it from further attacks. RSFirewall can save you a lot of time and headaches and the price ... how much do you value your website!
I submitted a ticket and within 24 hours the problem was solved.
Good support, good product.
I feel so much better knowing my website is protected.
RS Firewall requires some input though, you need to adjust and finetune settings of your website in order to get a good protection grade.
I had several hackings lately, and I had to move to a new host, and wanted something that will keep an eye on my site, and I was blessed to find RS Firewall.
It even notifies me when any admin logs in, and from what IP address.
The only thing I wish was that it allows me to prevent certain admins from accessing certain components. Because what it does currently that if you prevent access to a certain component, ypu prevent it from all including yourself, which is impractical.
But all in all, this component is a must-have.
After having (very easily!) installed RSFirewall, it really worked from the first minute on. It gave hints what to change in the configuration to make the site more secure. And it really protected the site against all kinds of hacking trials I encountered in the following weeks.
And what is more the support is excellent. Really the best support team I ever dealt with.
Yes, it costs some money. But you get a high quality product and an outstanding service for it.
Many thanks to all the very nice, very professional people at RSJoomla.
So all in all I reccomend RSFirewall to everybody being responsible for a JOOMLA! driven InterNet-site.
I stumbled across this while cruising the extensions directory and decided to give it a try. So far, fantastic! I think I have fixed 20 different things which if not fixed would have for sure lead to my site being hacked again.
I cannot recommend this enough. If you run a web site you need this... period. Sure, a tad on the expensive side but I have a 120 hours into my new site so honestly, to protect that kind of time and investment I felt 65.00 was a steal!!!
It works, I'm happy, and as secure as I can be.
In 2007 I started out with buying RSFiles from RSJoomla. I loved that component. Since 2007 I have purchased almost every single RSJoomla product (RSMembership, RSTickets, RSSEO, RSFirewall) and I use most of them on all 5 websites I have. They all have the same great service and quality coding.
The developers are generally quick to respond and they are always open to suggestions and incorporate new features you suggest in their new versions.
Yes the price is more than some Joomla components, but you are getting excellent support and quality products. And they have the developer payment option of course. I don't mind paying for that at all.
I've bought several components, but this is my FIRST time feeling that they deserve to have me write something about them. I will also have my other site clients purchase this for their sites also.
The component helps you to keep your installation uptodate and provides a lot of security functions to lock out hackers.
You can test the Active Scanner with the help of the most online keyword density tools. If you have activated the option "Protect against DoS attacks" the tools often gets a forbidden message.
A nice feature is to add own files which will be monitored for changes too, not only the Joomla! core files.
However the extension does what it says and seems to protect my clients pages from various threats! At least it gives me good feeling that I don't leave my sites out there without any protection.