Real Estate, Cars, Pets, Electronics, Furniture, ... whatever your classified project is, AdsManager can be configured to fit many needs.
AdsManager provides plenty of options, flexible views and extensions to help you to build your websites.
AdsManager is used by webmasters and developers alike:
If you are a webmaster and not a developer, you will like Adsmanager as a ready to deploy solution
If you are a developer and you want a component that can be easily adapted or extended. AdsManager is for you. The code has been written using the MVC Joomla architecture and with KISS principle (KISS= Keep it simple, Stupid!) KISS systems work best because they are kept simple rather than made complex. Simplicity is the key design goal and unnecessary complexity is avoided.
Headache to install, missing folders/missing images...dead links..blah blah.
Lets get real, You need to be more than a average computer user to get this thing to work.
Clost Expert FTP knowledge and php.
Spent hours on this so far...and trying to find support answers is a joke.
Otherwise if all is promised would be a fantastic product.
Joomla is a fantastic product...but damn slow at loading and hard on servers as my host tells me...not change much at all since last version..a pity.
Lot of users get easy support on the forum. Did you post a least a message on the forum ? did you send us an email ?
In a lot of case, the issue comes from the server used not from the component which is working great on 90% of the server.
Folders/Images missing this is typically a bad setting of files permissions of your server.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need help to debug your server
- The way it uses email addresses out in the open, with no way to hide them. I'd like a to have an email form to contact sellers with no visible email address. What if a spammer logs in and starts harvesting user email addresses?
- The email message sent to sellers through the form can be confusing. I'd like to have some sort of header in the email telling sellers that this email has come from my website from AdsManager, possibly from my website email address.
- I only have one category, yet I have to select a category from a drop-down box.
- I want to have 'price' in the Short Display Mode, or people will try to write the price in the title, which looks awful.
I love how it integrates into Community Builder. I love the look of it and the customisation I can do with CSS (I had to change a lot, as I have a white font on black background). I've customised AdsManager for people to sell their old books and it works very well for this purpose.
Can't beat it!
Yes it is a free product, but why offer a support forum if you ignore people issues?
One question ignored for 9 days now , another for 3 days. I'd much rather pay for an extension that
2) offers real support
I installed it and works excellent, very nice, very easy, very light.
I was using sobi2 (good but many problems and very complicated)
Adsmanager solves lot of my problems!!!!
Only one bug: do not show the price, but i'm sure I will solve this problem.
BTW THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
2. Very poor style, with very little to attach CSS to. Many nested tables without class names that make it impossible to change the look with a pure CSS solution. For this reason alone I uninstalled.
But that's not what's worse, what really gets me mad is the (lack of) support. I've sent about 8 posts on their forum regarding different topics and never got a single reply. Have e-mailed the developer and haven't got a reply.
The shame is that it would be a great component if they just improve these basic things.
Ads Factory or Ads Manager. Both have their strong points and weaknesses.
Ads Factory claims to be an out of the box solution, and for the most part this is accurate.
Ads Manager on the other hand seems to be more of a base program where you can use extensions to customize it to your taste. The developer seems to understand that you are going to want to modify
the program and has taken great efforts to allow you to do the modifications yourself.
Ads Factory is built on the "smarty" template system. If you are wanting to customize the program, you'd better know what you are doing. It seems they feel the program is fine the way it is and if you want to make changes to it, you are free to do so or you can pay them to do it for you.
Both have support forums and they seem to get a lot of repetitive questions. Its unstandable, both developers seem a bothered by that. Ads Factory will tell you in a few hours you
should have checked the forum, where as Ads Manager it will take a few days for a response if the issue has already been covered.
Ads Factory has one very big advantage over Ads Manager. It is easy to customize the out going emails. You click on settings, mail settings, and select from a drop down list the e-mail you would like to modify.
Ads Manager currently doesn't have this feature. It may be possible to change the emails in Ads Manager but as of this writing I still have not figured out how.
If you are on a tight budget like I am Ads Manager is probably your best bet if you can live without being able to easily modify the emails.
If you want an out of the box solution or are already a savy smarty developer or would rather pay someone to modify your site for you then Ads Factory is for you.
So far so good...I'm waiting for the v2.5 Stable...soon
As I said before, send me an email with your erros, I will be able to fix them, no time to look in depth in the forum currently
I am using version 2.51 and here are my observations:
1. Some ads appear in frontpage while they should be showing in a new page.
2. Some ads will not show on the menu module, however, when you click on the menu link, the ads show up.
3. Don't try to post in more than one ad category as no Ad will show.
4. Support is not that great on their site. I believe that questions posted for more than 2 weeks should be reviewed and acknowledged by a Support person.
I would consider changing my ratings if there are
steps to address the above mentionned issues.
1- Not aware of such bug
2- did use try the two differents kind of SQL query (module option)
3- It's working great on all the sites I know
4- Forum is for the community, please free to contact me using my email adress