There are 3 main reasons to go for JoomBah Jobs.
1. Subscription for Employers
2. Subscription for Jobseekers
3. Job Alerts for Jobseekers
1.3 Stable Released!
1. Jobseekers can sign up based on membership just like Employers do and Admin can put the system in free mode.
2. Jobseekers can set their resume as Featured
3. Jobseekers can link their Video Resume from Youtube and Google Video
4. Jobseekers pay for applying to jobs.
5. The system can receive anonymous job application from guests and send email to the employer.
6. Google Map added to the job detail page.
7. JoomBah Feeds similar to JomSocial Activity Stream has been added and the following activities from JoomBah are streamed.
a. Jobseeker apply to a job vacancy
b. Jobseeker update his profile
c. Employer post new jobs
d. Employer update his profile
e. Employer views the jobseeker's profile
8. List of companies / company directory page has been added.
9. Job detail and Company Profile page has a new layout with Google Map.
10. Company Name and Jobseekers name are hidden respecting the user's privacy settings and many more...
JB Jobs has been developed to fulfill the needs of one full-fledged, power-packed, less bug component which take care of complete Job Recruitment System.
One of the major features of this version is that Employers sign-up using memberships without the need for having a third-party component. JoomBah is the first and only component of this kind to house Subscription based registration feature which none of the other job components have!
1.2 Stable released!
* Send automatic, periodic "Job Alerts" to Jobseekers.
* Six different themes (JoomBah Default, Facebook Blue, JomSocial Green, Black & Orange, Grey and Orange) are added.
* Email templates are created configurable from back-end.
* Employers can preview Jobseeker's profile without contact info for free.
* JoomBah standard fields and custom fields are made flexible so that they can be published/unpublished, set required/unrequired and ordered from the back-end.
* 3 payment gateways are newly added - Authorize.net, 2CO and Google checkout and they can be customized from the back-end.
Joomla 2.5: http://demo25.joombah.com
Please visit http://www.joombah.com for more features.
When I buy something i expect it to work like this. I download to my computer I upload to my website and it works nothing else. No bugs to fix no support no nothing. If you hear from me I generally am pissed off and want my money back.
This was not the case with Joombah Jobs. I originally spent the $105 on the Jobs Basic becuase I figured the higher price tag meant a better product. That couldn't have been a more wrong assumption. Where Jobs Basic lacked Joombah Jobs excelled in EVERY Category including support.
Like EASYBLOG Joombah Jobs appreciates my/your business and when a problem did arise they stepped up to the plate and immediately resolved it. Even though it wasn't their fault. It had nothing to do with their code or product it was my hosting company with some htaccess.file. Once fixed Joombah Jobs has worked outstanding.
It is very sleak & lightweight. It comes with a small price tag & a alot of top notch Support. It is very customizable and is ready out the box. You do not need any coding knowledge or programming skills. Download then upload then let your customers use it. Very easy very nice and exactly what i was loooking for.
And a side note since paypal is so quick to shut down merchant accounts or freeze accounts I wanted a job board with a google checkout plugin and this comes with moneybookers, googlecheckout, & a host of toher paypal alternatives. I wish it had alertpay, but it has everything else. Very nicely down and well thought out extension.
I dont write reviews unless the coder deserves it by going above and beyond and the admin at joombah jobs deserves all of our support as they actually know what the public wants in a product.
Thank you admin I truly appreciated your time, help and product. Your competitors dont stand a chance as long as your around.
Excellent component with flexible possibilities!
1. Work with base of the Countries/States/Cities for not ENGLISH-SPEAKING users is extremely unsuccessfully realised.
2. Very high cost and rare releases. Releases leave more rare, than expires 6-mounth membership. For example, at me membership has expired on July, 26th. Version 1.3 left on July, 25th. But with the notice on the new version I have received the letter on July, 27th. Very unpleasantly also it is insulting.
It seems that the company has specially postponed letter sending. Petty! Has decided not to renew a membership!
Thanks for your review and for using JoomBah!
1. As I searched through our forum, I have asked if you have added the Countries/States/Cities to the language file. Had you added them to the language file, it would have appeared in non-English text. For your reference, it was posted on 28 Mar 2011 (thread #2142)
2. We are so happy about our development team who has released over 18 versions (including betas) in just 9 months and this cannot be rare. The release notes are at http://docs.joombah.com/home/doku.php/id,installation;change_log/
Actually we do not intend/decide to postpone the release our extension based on the expiration date of our members and in fact it is tiresome to track them as we have thousands for subscriptions. It's our practice to send Newsletters on Monday as we did for this release as well. We also had issues sending bulk Emails on Saturday due to our webhost's limitation.
I'm sorry, we do not have any intention to insult our members. We will be happy to see you back.
Thanks for understanding and your review.
Any issues and the developer has provided me a solution within hours of my post, during their business hours and provided in a way that I can easy edit the code having never done this before.
I have tested all other job solutions for joomla and non joomla ones, and nothing comes close to meeting my requirements as an already established professional job service for the film & TV industry.
If you are building a professional system, then the very minimal cost for this component of $110 for 1 years support is not worth mentioning. (you can buy 3 mths)I would not want a component of this calibre to be free, as it needs to be supported. it is growing in functions and if its free the developer could not support it at the rate they do.
Thank you for providing such an advanced, yet easy to use system.
Firstly the information you gave regarding the $110 is incorrect. You can choose to pay for support membership (3 month or 6 monts only). Your usage license never expires...read the info.
Secondly, the support is fantastic. All my questions (4) excluding 9 pre-sales questions were answered within one working day (excluding weekends).
I must agree though that this is the best, fully featured joomla jobsboard out there.
I purchased some other compnents, but all of them fell short at the end.
This product is brilliant, fully featured and very well supported and well worth the small membership subscription for support if you need it.
Keep up the good work!
* it has great features
* it has more than one buying options
* it's 110$ (yes. it's 110$ if you want to use it for one year)
* support is terrible. I've sent a support request one week before but they did not replied my support request yet
* You can not fields to search forms including job search form and resume search form. their search forms are fixed
* This component comes with limited templating options. Editing the colours is quite difficult
* You can not use J! modules with this component. for example, You can not add a login form to this component
I was expecting more from a component which i've paid 110$
Thanks for your review.
Thanks for appreciating that our component has more features and payment gateways.
You have mentioned that it is $110 for a year, we never force our member to go for one year plan, and we don’t have one year plan in first place.
About the support, I searched up and down, left and right in our support forum at http://www.joombah.com/forum with your username and there isn’t a single post from your end. Can you please provide us the thread link you posted in our forum?
To edit search forms and CSS, our support team would have supported had it been raised through our forum.
Login modules need not be inside the component and it can be any where positioned in the template.
If you require any assistance/support, kindly raise through our forum.
I have to say that this component is far too cheap for what it gives you. This is much more than I would expect. If it had been $150 I would still have thought it was good value.
Restores my faith in open source!
Very cleverly written and really in touch with employment consultants, lots of flexibility - and merges fabulously with jomsocial too ... Can either be a chargeable solution or just a header hunters system
I don't know how you guys can do this for the price ... thanks very much and I for one will be watching out for your future developments!
Nope and they don't know me from Adam!
The support via their forums is quick and very good.
If you are looking for a clever Job extension I wouldn't bother looking any further than this it's really great.
I had to make a few minor adjustments to suit my needs(changing State to Province etc.), and the support I receive from the Joombah team is very professional and very fast.
Brilliant Component, Brilliant Support.
Finally I am glad that I came across the perfect solution. This component is highly configurable (even though it works perfectly out of the box) to your websites requirement and is actively developed.
There may be one of two minor shortcomings (which component hasn't?) but with prompt support that I received, its more than a deal.
Even some of the best components you will find develops over a period of time. For a component as new and fresh as this one, the features that it provides is already impressive. We just have to see how soon it makes to the Elite Club of components - it has the definite potential in the near future!
Just my thoughts.