This Joomla! blog component was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory for the month of December 2012.
Why Choose Easy Blog?
1. All-in-One blogging component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. EasyBlog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blogs and group blogging with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of Easy Blog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- Easy Blog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
I was using MyBlog for some time, but always ran into roadblocks with the inability to upload photos, or use any editor I wanted.
I took a chance with EasyBlog out of pure frustration, and am so happy for this choice.
Everything out of the box worked as I had hoped, and it was very easy to edit the CSS to match my sites themes.
I did have one major issue with EasyBlog creating separate articles that would not lead back to the blog with a readmore or title link.
I went to the support forum expecting to not get an answer anytime soon, as I have with so many other extensions.
My forum post was answered within a few hours, and Jack hacked the code some to fit me needs.
He assured me this would be fixed in the next update and that I would not need to do anymore hacking in the future.
Now my site is working exactly as it should, with a much easier solution for my customer.
I will be using EasyBlog on all of my sites, and replacing MyBlog on all of my past customers sites.
Thank You Slack Ideas, Jack, and EasyBlog for taking care of your customers needs quickly and efficiently.
Thanks, our goal is to listen :)
At the time of purchase Easyblog was at version 1.8 or something and despite it installing like a breeze, having a beautiful backend and being very intuitive to setup in about 3 minutes, it really annoyed me because "out of the box" I had never found a Joomla component with as many styling clashes as Easyblog with Yootheme templates and JCE and FCK editors.
However, the submission of a support ticket revealed the strength behind Easyblog and the company that makes it, Stackideas. I had a reply in less than thirty minutes and they had already gone into my site and put most things right with styling overides and changes. I managed to find more and they did those changes as well, and gave me complete list on how to make the changes every time I installed Easyblog on a new site.
Amazing service but I was still a little peeved that it clashed so much with Yootheme stuff and I would have to manually change quite a few lines of code on every install.
In use however, 1.8 was so far ahead of Wordpress, Zoo and everything else I had tried.
Nothing however prepared me for version 2 released a few days ago!
"Out of the box" the styling is absolutely stunning on all the provided themes, with the "default" and "simplistic" being superb for a slick and professional look that blends with anything. Also, no clashes with Yootheme, big bonus!
I showcased it to a current client the other day with some sample content on, as he wanted a blog and I wanted him to buy one...His reply..."OMFG that's amazing" (he already has a Wordpress blog. It's now being added to his site as we speak :)
Stackideas' support have shown me how to customise the blog template further just on the back of a simple question and I have also been converted to JCE from FCK into the bargain and I am one happy Joomla designer!
For me, their support is simply exceptional, and probably more importantly their attitude to existing customers is excellent. A day after I purchased Easyblog they announced via Twitter that they were selling it at 20% off as an Easter special for a limited period. I dropped them a message saying I felt a bit robbed, tongue in cheek, and I got a mega apology, an extra 3 months on my support package and also 12 months of their EasyDiscuss component for free. Try getting that out of Sky or Vodafone.
All in all, the component is outstanding and the company staff even more so!
Thank you for your review!
Thank you Mike! We will try to improve our service as we move on
Thank you! EasyBlog 2 was re-built to ensure smooth integrations with all the template clubs available.
I'm pleased to report my choice of EasyBlog was an excellent decision. The app installed easily and I was able to migrate in my posts with minimal effort. I still have a few bumps to iron out but I'm thrilled with this product! Thanks EasyBlog!
Thank you! Our main goal, is to actually allow users to use Joomla as their preferred blogging choice and of course, if you face any obstacles, please do utilize our support! :)
Thanks for your feedbacks!
I really can't compare with other blog add-ons for Joomla, but I know a good component when I see one. It's *immensely* configurable but not in a daunting way. All options are sensibly laid out and commented. I've managed to get up and running without even finding out out there was a manual. Not only is that unusual for an add-on as complex as this, it means full credit to the developers.
A Joomla addon is often only as good as its support. I did have an installation issue, which was fixed pretty well *immediately*, courteously and helpfully. Mega star rating for that!
I went in at the deep end with a commercial subscription, but if you can get to try out EasyBlog in any shape or form - free, restricted - whatever - I guarantee you'll not be disappointed!
Thank you! We did took quite a while to restructure our whole back end interface :)
Any problem that does occur, the support is so quick and thorough that I've actually had them apologise for taking 2-3 hours to reply!
I wanted a module to display slightly differently to it was, so they actually customised the code for me!
I would strongly recommend this, for the amount of useful features, intuitive use, and the amazing level of support.
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much! Yes, this will just be the beginning and we'll strive to create more intuitive and advanced addon for Joomla! Our main goal is to allow more users to use Joomla for all their site needs!
In addition to the exceptional customer support, the product is wonderful. It is easy, intuitive and chuck full of features even for a relative novice like me. When I needed some minor changes, the Easy Blog staff even furnished me with the applicable code.
If only everything on my website was this simple! 5 stars for a phenomenal staff and a fantastic product!!!!!!!
DC Metro Mom
Thank you for your feedbacks!
I'm not a programmer but found it really easy to add EasyBlog into the Joomla library and immediately started using it.
Had some questions and tech support has been super.
Highly recommend the program.
Thank you Milt :)
The component is top-notch, easy to install and set-up, and just works as described. The developer also strives very hard to keep the component up to date and releases new builds on a regular basis.
As if a component that works isn't enough the support received is something every business should strive for. I have had a few little issues with upgrading and the response time was quick, and they fixed the issue no questions asked. That is a sign of a company truly devoted to their product.
I look forward to seeing what else they come up with.
Thank you for your kind words!
Thank you :)
This is THE BEST blogging tool for Joomla. Period! You found it.
Quick story about EasyBlog support.
1. I was trying to get it to search tags when using native Joomla search. I couldn't get it to work.
2. Searched their Forums. (Really nice forums, by the way). Nothing.
3. I opened a support ticked at 1:55 PM ET, asking if it was possible to search TAGS.
4. At 1:58 PM ET (3 Minutes Later!!) I got a reply saying, sorry not possible at this time. (Bummer) But asking me to be specific as to what I was after so that he was sure he understood.
5. I replied at 2:02 PM. Thanking them for getting back to me.
6. At 2:21 PM, 26 minutes after I opened the support ticket, I got an email that "apologized for taking so long to get back to me", and had a custom "search.php" file attached that fixed my problem.
They added a feature in 26 minutes!!
Bottom line. BUY THIS Component!!! You will be very happy you did.
Thank you for your feedbacks!
They come out with frequent updates and just came out with 2.0 beta, which I am very excited about. The support team listens, they help, they are responsive, and the product is very easy to use and works.
GREAT product, GREAT support.
Thank you! We try to make our products as user friendly as possible allowing any non technical person to easily customize their blogs for Joomla!