This Joomla! blog component was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory for the month of December 2012.
Why Choose Easy Blog?
1. All-in-One blogging component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. EasyBlog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blogs and group blogging with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of Easy Blog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- Easy Blog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
We're deploying this extension on a community geared towards photographers. Installation was as easy as it gets, and administration is simple and straightforward. With very little effort, our members are now contributing to our site's content while building their own audience (which in turn becomes our audience).
The main component is flexible and includes many features that are usually only seen on full-fledged blog applications like WordPress. It's easy for all your site's members to associate their blog with their Twitter/Facebook/Feedburner/etc accounts so all updates get broadcast automatically. The available modules are convenient for featuring your members' blog posts throughout your site. And integration with popular community extensions like Community Builder, JomSocial and AlphaUserPoints is a welcome addition.
There are still some minor issues that need to be improved. A more seamless integration with a Joomla site's appearance would be welcome, for one. But these minor issues are all being worked on by the developers, and progress with each release looks fantastic.
One point that might discourage some potential customers is the price. This extension isn't free. However the support we've gotten for that price has been outstanding. Every time we come across a problem, there's someone there to help us. Whether on the forum, via email, or through their support ticket system, customer support is top notch and worth every penny. In light of this, I consider the price a bargain.
StackIdeas recently introduced a lower-priced "Community" edition of this extension. While I applaud the concept, I think the price being asked is a bit much. It's almost the same price as the regular version. The word "Community" itself kinda implies "free", so maybe that wasn't the best thing to call it. I think they'd attract a lot more potential customers if they offered this edition at half the price of the regular version, and called it something that doesn't imply "free".
In the end, we're very happy with the choice we've made for our community, and we look forward to seeing what StackIdeas has in mind in the future for this extension.
Thank you very much for the feedbacks and we'll definitely look into our subscription scheme.
I would recommend this software to anyone. And would gladly by it again!!!
Thanks for your support! You made our day :)
Thanks, simplicity is what we have in mind!
I highly recommend this extension because of the great support, ever evolving quality in their software, and our client's satisfaction!!
Thank you very much for your feedbacks!
Installation was straight forward and the amount of customization to the template was limitless. I was able to easily integrate this blogging tool into the overall look and feel of a client's website .
Support was prompt and able to quickly fix one minor issue I had (which was that the default Joomla! search component was pulling blog items that were non published).
Easy Blog installed and worked right out of "the box". No issues, tons of features and integrations (twitter, facebook, addthis, buzz). Not hard to set up and there are several themes to choose from.
I did Not need my programmer to edit, tweak or fix anything. But its always good to have one, just in case.
Easy to install and settup. I wanted to customize the blog with the look of my web site so I submitted a ticket to the support to know in which directories/files I have to make the changes.
Within a few hours I got all my questions answered.
The support team is fast, efficient and very proffessional.
5 thumbs up !
does not full support utf (greek)characters especailly with joomsef - not working well(plug in).
does not support gzip compress compoment!! it is very important for me!!
the minor problem is the css themes is need more working and 2 or 3 of this is repeat.... change only the colors!!
One of my favorite things about the extension is how smoothly it integrates with other things. It seems there is already a plugin to integrate it with most things that are related to it (different comment systems, jomsocial, etc).
However, the absolute best thing about this extension is the support. If you're anything like me you know how frustrating it can be to have a question about an extension that you just can't get figured out, and watch your question sit idle on the barren support forums for weeks. I have submitted quite a few questions about easyblog using both their support forum and email ticketing system, and everything has been responded to and resolved ridiculously quickly. I mean, one time, it took overnight to get a response and they actually apologized to me for the wait. That was still a faster response than any other support request I've submitted for an extension.
The best part is that none of these support requests were about a problem with the software itself. Rather, they had to do with customization (which they say they don't technically support, but they're still willing to go the extra mile to help you with it even offering to log in to your admin site and make the change for you at times) or settings that I somehow missed.
If you need a blog component for your site, I can't imagine you'll find anything better.
This was the best $59 I ever spent. The software simply worked perfectly.
Their website does not do this product justice. You will get so much more than you realize.
Support: You dont need support in such an easy understanding and terrific product! That's what it should be about.
Is easy to customize in cases of personal blog or too fora a community of bloggers, but especially Sam replied to every problem I had very quickly and very professionally.
Perhaps the only drawback is that some styles of ccs are embedded in the code and not in an external style sheet but this is a problem that occurs only in the case of the blog 's extremely personalized . Recommended
I have tried all the blog solutions for Joomla. I have spent so many hours trying to get the other, sub-par blog components to work right.
I should have just got Easyblog from the start. It is so polished, so feature rich, and so easy to style.
This component could be a standalone blog CMS and would be right up there with the best blog systems on the market today. Don't waste time trying the other blog components for Joomla - just get this one.