This Joomla! blog component was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory for the month of December 2012.
Why Choose Easy Blog?
1. All-in-One blogging component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. EasyBlog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blogs and group blogging with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of Easy Blog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- Easy Blog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
does not full support utf (greek)characters especailly with joomsef - not working well(plug in).
does not support gzip compress compoment!! it is very important for me!!
the minor problem is the css themes is need more working and 2 or 3 of this is repeat.... change only the colors!!
One of my favorite things about the extension is how smoothly it integrates with other things. It seems there is already a plugin to integrate it with most things that are related to it (different comment systems, jomsocial, etc).
However, the absolute best thing about this extension is the support. If you're anything like me you know how frustrating it can be to have a question about an extension that you just can't get figured out, and watch your question sit idle on the barren support forums for weeks. I have submitted quite a few questions about easyblog using both their support forum and email ticketing system, and everything has been responded to and resolved ridiculously quickly. I mean, one time, it took overnight to get a response and they actually apologized to me for the wait. That was still a faster response than any other support request I've submitted for an extension.
The best part is that none of these support requests were about a problem with the software itself. Rather, they had to do with customization (which they say they don't technically support, but they're still willing to go the extra mile to help you with it even offering to log in to your admin site and make the change for you at times) or settings that I somehow missed.
If you need a blog component for your site, I can't imagine you'll find anything better.
This was the best $59 I ever spent. The software simply worked perfectly.
Their website does not do this product justice. You will get so much more than you realize.
Support: You dont need support in such an easy understanding and terrific product! That's what it should be about.
Is easy to customize in cases of personal blog or too fora a community of bloggers, but especially Sam replied to every problem I had very quickly and very professionally.
Perhaps the only drawback is that some styles of ccs are embedded in the code and not in an external style sheet but this is a problem that occurs only in the case of the blog 's extremely personalized . Recommended
I have tried all the blog solutions for Joomla. I have spent so many hours trying to get the other, sub-par blog components to work right.
I should have just got Easyblog from the start. It is so polished, so feature rich, and so easy to style.
This component could be a standalone blog CMS and would be right up there with the best blog systems on the market today. Don't waste time trying the other blog components for Joomla - just get this one.
After having issues with the payment gateway, and needing to get the component installed quickly so I could complete work, the team at Stack Ideas emailed me the software and got me setup while the problems were being solved.
My support requests were answered quickly and I am more than happy with the help provided.
The component delivers everything I was hoping it would. I looked at several other options and none of them gave me the facilities this one did.
Well done to the staff at Stack Ideas and thank you for the support you've given me!
After trying several free blog tools and even paying for MyBlog (like somebody else said) I realized all lacked the features I required and support was non-existent. I broke down and tried Easy Blog. I wish I had done so sooner!
I cannot say enough about this extension and the support team! The install is easy and it has a ton of features for integration with Twitter (like sending automatic tweets of your blog) Facebook, AddThis, Google Adsense integration and also works great with JomSocial. It has it's own slick comment system (with optional recapture) built in but also integrates with others like Jcomment and Jomcomment. Using the JCE editor also is very nice for my bloggers. (over TinyMCE)
This blogging tool is also highly customizable to do pretty much everything you need. Unlike other tools I tried, there are a ton of modules (all free) for almost anything and since they are module based you place anywhere you want on any page, but also you don't need to load extra "fluff" modules you aren't going to use.
Another great feature is the ACL - you can totally control what all built in Joomla! groups can and can't do. (like 19 or so settings for each group)
It also has a very nice image uploader that actually uploads images to your bloggers folder and allows great image tagging! This is a huge plus for me and is very easy to use.
Several really nice templates that will fit with any existing site look too. I'm using a Rocket Theme and Easy Blog integrated beautifully.
The support is responsive, knowledgeable, very friendly and helped with any issue I had very quickly. The year support contract is well worth the small price.
These are just a few things I love about this extension. Like I said - if you want a Blogging solution for Joomla! stop looking and try this one out, you will not regret it.
It migrates from Joomla articles and from SmartBlog and will integrate with CB and JomSocial and some different comment systems. It also has integration for Twitter with Bit.ly URLs, TweetMeme, Facebook, Google Buzz, Feedburner, Sharethis and Addthis. You also can set it to use avatars from other systems.
It also can even be hooked to post a tweet on Twitter automatically when you blog so you can not have to worry about doing that yourself.
Visitors can subscribe to posts, categories, or even specific bloggers which is pretty cool.
I have used a lot of extensions for Joomla, and a lot of software in general. Maybe it's because I am a PHP developer who has loved Joomla for a long time, maybe its because I just have bad luck. But I tend to find bugs in everything. However, with EasyBlog I didn't have this problem. It was stable, reliable, and just worked. I am actually really impressed. They have clearly done a lot of work on this system.
The only thing I had a slight problem with was the new slow loading speed and size of page loads but once I tweaked the header image in the default EasyBlog theme and removed my extra jquery lib from loading from some other extension and moved all the extra junk I had loading in unrelated modules on the side of the page load times were much quicker again. Hardly the fault of EasyBlog. I should not put so much stuff on one page to begin with.
Another good thing is that when you buy EasyBlog you will be able to use it on unlimited websites. They will even install it for you on the first one. Then they give you a years support.
I never really blogged much before but now that it is easier and works the way it should it actually makes me want to blog. I think I will have to go blog some more about something right now.
Go blog with EasyBlog!