Easy blog was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory as one of the best blog component.
Why Choose Easy Blog?
1. All-in-One blog component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. Easy Blog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blog and group blog with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of Easy Blog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- Easy Blog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
After trying several free blog tools and even paying for MyBlog (like somebody else said) I realized all lacked the features I required and support was non-existent. I broke down and tried Easy Blog. I wish I had done so sooner!
I cannot say enough about this extension and the support team! The install is easy and it has a ton of features for integration with Twitter (like sending automatic tweets of your blog) Facebook, AddThis, Google Adsense integration and also works great with JomSocial. It has it's own slick comment system (with optional recapture) built in but also integrates with others like Jcomment and Jomcomment. Using the JCE editor also is very nice for my bloggers. (over TinyMCE)
This blogging tool is also highly customizable to do pretty much everything you need. Unlike other tools I tried, there are a ton of modules (all free) for almost anything and since they are module based you place anywhere you want on any page, but also you don't need to load extra "fluff" modules you aren't going to use.
Another great feature is the ACL - you can totally control what all built in Joomla! groups can and can't do. (like 19 or so settings for each group)
It also has a very nice image uploader that actually uploads images to your bloggers folder and allows great image tagging! This is a huge plus for me and is very easy to use.
Several really nice templates that will fit with any existing site look too. I'm using a Rocket Theme and Easy Blog integrated beautifully.
The support is responsive, knowledgeable, very friendly and helped with any issue I had very quickly. The year support contract is well worth the small price.
These are just a few things I love about this extension. Like I said - if you want a Blogging solution for Joomla! stop looking and try this one out, you will not regret it.
It migrates from Joomla articles and from SmartBlog and will integrate with CB and JomSocial and some different comment systems. It also has integration for Twitter with Bit.ly URLs, TweetMeme, Facebook, Google Buzz, Feedburner, Sharethis and Addthis. You also can set it to use avatars from other systems.
It also can even be hooked to post a tweet on Twitter automatically when you blog so you can not have to worry about doing that yourself.
Visitors can subscribe to posts, categories, or even specific bloggers which is pretty cool.
I have used a lot of extensions for Joomla, and a lot of software in general. Maybe it's because I am a PHP developer who has loved Joomla for a long time, maybe its because I just have bad luck. But I tend to find bugs in everything. However, with EasyBlog I didn't have this problem. It was stable, reliable, and just worked. I am actually really impressed. They have clearly done a lot of work on this system.
The only thing I had a slight problem with was the new slow loading speed and size of page loads but once I tweaked the header image in the default EasyBlog theme and removed my extra jquery lib from loading from some other extension and moved all the extra junk I had loading in unrelated modules on the side of the page load times were much quicker again. Hardly the fault of EasyBlog. I should not put so much stuff on one page to begin with.
Another good thing is that when you buy EasyBlog you will be able to use it on unlimited websites. They will even install it for you on the first one. Then they give you a years support.
I never really blogged much before but now that it is easier and works the way it should it actually makes me want to blog. I think I will have to go blog some more about something right now.
Go blog with EasyBlog!
I sure wish that I had done that in the beginning. There is no issue at all with JS integration. This is a fully featured component that is very user friendly and provides true WYSIWYG editing with your own choice of editor. It has a native comment system, but can be seamlessly integrated with other comment systems such as jComments (for sitewide commenting function). Want to couple to Twitter, Buzz, or Facebook? It's built in. How about social bookmarking features? Already there--take your pick.
The included templates are very attractive out of the box and with a little CSS tweaking can match your site theme perfectly. Works with one blogger--or hundreds each having their own blog head. Support is second to none--Sam even wrote a plugin for me that swept jComment title and comment heads into the activity stream! In 5 years of using J! applications, I cannot think of another app dev group that is this "on the ball" with any level of support.
The only slight downside I can find is that image handling could be improved--and I understand that this is on the project list for future releases. Overall this is the one to go with instead of wasting valuable site development time trying to get freebie or poorly coded solutions to work properly. Three cheers for EasyBlog!
Thank you very much on your feedbacks! Yes, we are working on a proper image handling in the future versions of EasyBlog!
I'm very pleased but can't yet give "perfect" marks. Their website Knowledge Base is empty and their Quick Start Guide doesn't get you much past installation. Folks not familiar with blog technology such as "burn feed", "post trackback", "Permalinks" and tags will be scratching their heads with the settings. But this can be cured by extended documentation and perhaps more contributors to their forum. The additional free related extensions are great.
I'm a retired geologist - not an IT guy - so if I can get it married to my Joomla! site, it must be a cake walk for you geeks. The developers have done a great job - and like all good engineers - have left the docs to the last. I look forward to enhancements.
Thank you for your great feedbacks! Yes, I understand that our documentation is slacking off but we are updating the documentation as we move along.
Now my blog is humming along.
Thanks for the easy blog!
Thank you! We are improving our Twitter and Facebook integrations in the next release of EasyBlog. Looking at the possibility of automatic retrieval of twitter and Facebook's timeline
Nice works guys!
Thank you very much!
So instead, I tried several 'free' blog extensions for my Joomla site. Though a couple had some of the features I wanted, many had no support at all.
I finally broke down and bought EasyBlog. I am now kicking myself that I just didn't buy it from the start.
Very easy to use for us novices. Great support.
EasyBlog is the best blog extension I have found. I highly recommend it.
Thank you very much for giving us a chance to serve you!
Awesome job and am recommending the component to all, this really should be editor's pick.
Thanks for your great support!
I'm delighted that after about two days of familiarizing myself with your EasyBlog extension that it now looks and operates as I would have wished for.
Thank you for using EasyBlog! Really appreciate your great feedbacks!
Thanks for your kind words!
Thank you very much!
Perfect for any blog!!
Thank you very much! EasyBlog was designed from scratch to allow flexibility for site users to write blogs :)