This Joomla! blog component was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory for the month of December 2012.
Why Choose Easy Blog?
1. All-in-One blogging component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. EasyBlog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blogs and group blogging with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of Easy Blog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- Easy Blog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
Wonderful product and I'll be using it everywhere I need a blog. Thanks, Stack Ideas!
Up to that point I'd avoided paid components, and this was the most expensive extension we bought, however it was definitely worth it. The extension is easy to integrate and easy to customise with a little bit of CSS know-how (this was my first site and I managed it!).
Above all though, the support is excellent. I had a few questions at the start about functionality which were answered promptly and helpfully. More recently, we've been having issues with our template which caused a few layout problems (caused by our template not the Easyblog modules I might add). After months of trying to get the template developer to fix it in frustration I contacted Easyblog who fixed the issue in the template within a day - very much going above what is necessary.
So if you want an easy to integrate blog component with excellent support, I thoroughly recommend this!
Best of all, though, is the support at Stack Ideas. They truly strive to meet the needs of their customers and are the best we've experienced in the Joomla world!
I emailed Stackidea support and they were very responsive, even over the weekend. In fact, I emailed several times with questions and their support people offered to login to my site and assist. Five minutes later my change requests were completed. I am not sure it gets any better than this.
So, aside from the product features and functionality, support is top notch.
I highly recommend.
The product is very intuitive and easy to install and configure. And the best part? If you get stuck then you can just send EasyBlog an email and their very friendly staff answer any questions within 24 hours. I am one very happy customer and love the EasyBlog software on my website.
Well done guys and keep up the good work.
I think its a little unfair that someone gave it 1 star for a mistake which they made (and i believe EasyBlog helped them out with it too) but there you go!
this has more Components which are compatible with it and its easy to integrate with social media sites
this has to simply be the best blogging tool for Joomla out there i'd be very surprised if anyone found anything better...
I'm a seasoned web professional. I've worked in times past as a internet technology director for a Fortune 50 corporation and I have been a product manager for SaaS and cloud services software that supported regulatory compliance needs for big banks and credit unions as well as the internet security space.
After reviewing all of the blogging software that works with Joomla I have to say all of the 5 star reviews you read about this product are valid. Any other review contrary or less than 5 stars appear to me to be either planted by competitors or are people that have very specific problems to their own use (or miss use) of the product than truly speaking to the product itself on the whole.
EasyBlog is practically flawless when it comes to integration with joomla, integration with many 3rd party tools like Jomsocial, Community builder, etc... and Integration with social media is a breeze.
Taking into account that everyones setup is different whether it involves their server setup or Joomla configuration there are sometimes small bumps in the road. THIS IS WHERE THESE GUYS REALLY SHINE. SUPPORT IS FANTASTIC!! SUPPORT CAN MAKE OR BREAK A PRODUCT AND COMPANY. STACKIDEAS HAS HIT A HOME RUN!
From my own personal experience and from what I read from other users on their forums StackIdeas goes above and beyond when it comes to supporting the small hiccups that may happen from time to time. Often troubleshooting 3rd party software or templates to ensure they work with EasyBlog and their other products.
If a blogging component is what you need for your Joomla site then look no further.
Trackbacks! Tens of thousands of them which have been added by SEO 'spammers'. And I never even noticed them before, even after looking closely.
Of course this has had disastrous consequences for my SEO, negating all the time spent building new content. I wonder how many other users have become unwitting "linkfarm hosts" in this way.
I've discovered I failed to select the option to not except trackbacks in the settings. Now it's going to take hours to delete all these trackback spam links, thousands of pages displaying 100 trackbacks at a time. (I can't delete so many trackbacks at once without crashing the site.)
Thank you for taking the time to post up a review.
EasyBlog by default comes with Trackback disabled and we would probably assumed that you have turned this feature on. We can't really do anything much about "spams" as this is way beyond our control but we do have integrations with Akismet that helps with filtering trackback urls as well. You should turn this on by default :)
As for removing the previous spam entries, please do get in touch with us and we'll be glad to help you resolve this.
I should also point out that easyblog does not seem to work well with templates from Rocketheme. For example, the standard search module in these templates Rokajaxsearch does not integrate with easyblog.
If your requirements are modest then perhaps sticking to standard functionality in joomla or K2 is the answer and save yourself £50. Perhaps easyblog is more geared to websites that the only requirement is blogging. So in other words a one stop shop solution?
Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. Greatly appreciated!
Most of the features that has been submitted by our users has been added into the extension and by default you don't really need to perform much configurations unless you want to customize the output of the blog.
I also would like to beg to differ that it does not work well with Rockettheme. We have thousands of customers that runs on both EasyBlog and Rockettheme :) If you have any styling conflicts, please do write to us and we'll be glad to help you solve this.
Thanks again for taking the time to post this!