This Joomla! blog component was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory for the month of December 2012.
Why Choose Easy Blog?
1. All-in-One blogging component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. EasyBlog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blogs and group blogging with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of Easy Blog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- Easy Blog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
Thanks for the review!
That is NOT the case with EasyBlog. It installs quickly, is not bloated, intuitive to use with all the features a blogger could want. Even my "newbie" beta testers figured out how to use it with no help from me - and THAT is really the sign of well-thought-out software. It is completely Open Source, and its use of MVC means changing the appearance is not a brain burn. But it comes with some relatively attractive templates out of the box (again a RARITY for extensions) so I just picked one and ran with it - saving me even more time.
Stack Ideas, the producers of EasyBlog, are amazing. Not only is the product top-notch (just go use the demo - and yes, developers, your demo IS your sales pitch), but the support is even better.
Let me tell you how great this team is:
My site runs Mootools (have to, due to Joomla core), jQuery and Ajax. That combination is stomach-churning as any Joomla person well knows. And my case was no exception. In fact, EasyBlog ran into some serious issues in my frontend due to this unholy trio.
I shouldn't have worried - Sam was on the case. He literally troubleshot my site off and on over the last WEEK to pin-point the issue. Turns out the problems were due to a couple of plugins. One I can live without until a replacement comes along. The second actually loaded jQuery in my frontend, so that HAD to get replaced (as for some reason it didn't properly resolve my Mootools and jQuery conflicts. Fortunately, there is the SC Query plugin (right here for free at the JED) that when installed completely resolved all such issues.
Because of Stack Ideas, my beta testers are happy and my site will launch on time.
I cannot speak highly enough of this product or its team. Go. Buy. NOW. You will NOT be disappointed.
Thank you very much for this great review!
Thank you! We will definitely try to improvise!
This component is so easy to operate and capable of doing so much that I can only take my hat off to these guys, but more importantly, I have the confidence to know that any query will be dealt with quickly (this makes a huge difference as to whether I make any further purchases from a company).
I would say that it is about 95% perfect for what I use it for. I did ask about creating a mod for the latest comments which I feel is an important item (at the time they have a mod for the most commented comments - I have new comments not being displayed to my users). They told me that they would work on this in the future. With this mod and a few minor tweaks (ability to control what is and isn't displayed to viewers- like the read more and tag box at the bottom of the blogs, I was able to remove these by editing the EasyBlog files), this system would be 100% perfect for what I use it for.
Since my purchase I have seen two updates to the EasyBlog system which shows their commitment to supply a quality product to their customers. I have also read the entire EasyBlog forum and found that they have helped everyone.
I am very confident that the guys will follow through and help make this system perfect in my world!
I am very happy with EasyBlog and recommend it highly!
Within half an hour of submitting my support ticket, Sam had got back to me and the problem was solved.
I have recently paid much more for a component and waited for over a week to even receive a response!.
And it's a great blog component as well - my client is delighted.. : )
Keep up the good work - this is what Joomla is all about - everyone supporting each other..
Thanks again from the UK
The support was excellent and immediate. The problem was solved within less than 24 hours.
I was very impressed. The component itself works well, and is easy to learn.
I dont usually submit reviews but the support deserves it.
I purchased this component this afternoon on something of a whim - I've used other commercial blogging components but fancied a change, and I am really glad I went for it!
The installation was very simple and configuration was easy (even without looking at the manual!).
I had a couple of problems with my template - nothing major but one of the menus right aligned when I was in the component, and some text was being echoed into the screen. I had a fix and response for both within half an hour, with assurance it'll be in the next update release of the component.
I take my hat off to the developers, they are certainly leading the way where all others should follow in terms of listening to their users, fixing even little niggly issues almost immediately, and being both friendly and courteous in the process.
Thank you for your feedbacks.
Thank you very much, we are actually working with tons of new features that will be added in the short future.
Thank you, yes scheduler is on it's way!
I installed Easy blog to test it out before deciding if it was worth purchasing, I have to say it certainly is worth it. After running into a slight bug I brought it up in the forum and within an hour Jack had begun fixing things for me.
Its not often you run into such fast and efficient service. 5 Stars.
Thank you very much for your kind words and we are anticipating more features as we move on.