Easy blog was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory as one of the best blog component.
Why Choose Easy Blog?
1. All-in-One blog component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. Easy Blog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blog and group blog with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of Easy Blog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- Easy Blog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
I'm a seasoned web professional. I've worked in times past as a internet technology director for a Fortune 50 corporation and I have been a product manager for SaaS and cloud services software that supported regulatory compliance needs for big banks and credit unions as well as the internet security space.
After reviewing all of the blogging software that works with Joomla I have to say all of the 5 star reviews you read about this product are valid. Any other review contrary or less than 5 stars appear to me to be either planted by competitors or are people that have very specific problems to their own use (or miss use) of the product than truly speaking to the product itself on the whole.
EasyBlog is practically flawless when it comes to integration with joomla, integration with many 3rd party tools like Jomsocial, Community builder, etc... and Integration with social media is a breeze.
Taking into account that everyones setup is different whether it involves their server setup or Joomla configuration there are sometimes small bumps in the road. THIS IS WHERE THESE GUYS REALLY SHINE. SUPPORT IS FANTASTIC!! SUPPORT CAN MAKE OR BREAK A PRODUCT AND COMPANY. STACKIDEAS HAS HIT A HOME RUN!
From my own personal experience and from what I read from other users on their forums StackIdeas goes above and beyond when it comes to supporting the small hiccups that may happen from time to time. Often troubleshooting 3rd party software or templates to ensure they work with EasyBlog and their other products.
If a blogging component is what you need for your Joomla site then look no further.
Trackbacks! Tens of thousands of them which have been added by SEO 'spammers'. And I never even noticed them before, even after looking closely.
Of course this has had disastrous consequences for my SEO, negating all the time spent building new content. I wonder how many other users have become unwitting "linkfarm hosts" in this way.
I've discovered I failed to select the option to not except trackbacks in the settings. Now it's going to take hours to delete all these trackback spam links, thousands of pages displaying 100 trackbacks at a time. (I can't delete so many trackbacks at once without crashing the site.)
Thank you for taking the time to post up a review.
EasyBlog by default comes with Trackback disabled and we would probably assumed that you have turned this feature on. We can't really do anything much about "spams" as this is way beyond our control but we do have integrations with Akismet that helps with filtering trackback urls as well. You should turn this on by default :)
As for removing the previous spam entries, please do get in touch with us and we'll be glad to help you resolve this.
I should also point out that easyblog does not seem to work well with templates from Rocketheme. For example, the standard search module in these templates Rokajaxsearch does not integrate with easyblog.
If your requirements are modest then perhaps sticking to standard functionality in joomla or K2 is the answer and save yourself £50. Perhaps easyblog is more geared to websites that the only requirement is blogging. So in other words a one stop shop solution?
Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. Greatly appreciated!
Most of the features that has been submitted by our users has been added into the extension and by default you don't really need to perform much configurations unless you want to customize the output of the blog.
I also would like to beg to differ that it does not work well with Rockettheme. We have thousands of customers that runs on both EasyBlog and Rockettheme :) If you have any styling conflicts, please do write to us and we'll be glad to help you solve this.
Thanks again for taking the time to post this!
For the last two years we have been using Word Press, earlier we used My Blog and we started to build a blog in K2 which we never finished because K2 requires a lot of time and tremendous customization. EasyBlog got us going within a few days. If you don’t need any special layout or customization you can have it up and running right after you have finish the installation and configured the settings.
Doing our layout and customization we had some issues which we had to address to Mark and his team and all individual issue was handled by StackIdeas in less than two hours.
Mark actually tweaked the code for us in one of the EasyBlog modules to meet our layout and customization requirement and he deliver it with an explanation of what he had done.
We are looking forward to continue the co-operation with StackIdeas.
integration with several cck could be done (like others blogs component are working on that)
there are few conflict with template providers (see tickets)
Thanks for taking the time to post a review here. We have about 24 different themes from you to choose from that allows you to distinguish your site from others :) Not sure if you are aware of this but on top of that, you can also customize the theme to have a unique layout by utilizing the template override functionality in Joomla!
As for SEO wise, may I know how were you performing these comparisons? We would be glad to help you check these issues but as far as we are aware of, our built-in SEO features are even better than Wordpress. We have more than a thousand customers to prove this :)
EasyBlog was developed to ease the process of creating blog posts and managing them. It does not have any intentions to perform like a CCK :p
Yes, I do agree that we can't escape from template conflicts with certain template providers but I can assure you that, all of your tickets has been answered and they have been answered very promptly too. If you have any unsolved issues, just write to us and we'll get them fixed immediately on your site and our source too :)
Full blown helpdesk support, and the extension comes out of he box configured to be used for focussing on writing blogs/magazines, with less headache. This will save you lots of time. Im extremely happy to have found it
I will however add this. No matter how much work that's poured into making a component work perfectly there will be glitches. That's when an amazing support team comes in handy. I've had issues resolved with unbelievable speed. The team over at Stackideas deserves a round of applauds.
I actually purchased EasyBlog, EasyDiscuss and Komento as a bundle.
I highly recommend these products.
I will be using easy blog in all my clients websites from now on!