This Joomla! blog component was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory for the month of December 2012.
Why Choose EasyBlog?
1. All-in-One blogging component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. EasyBlog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blogs and group blogging with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of EasyBlog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- EasyBlog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
EasyBlog is just that - EASY! Configuring a blog to integrate with Social Networking has become extremely easy to do.
StackIdeas is ALWAYS available to assist when problems arise. Their response time is very fast and they are always willing to continue to help until the question has been answered.
Support is as important as the extension itself, and EasyBlog is superb!
For the vast majority it will be terrific as it is out of the box with no customization needed.
Take some time and see all the options and features. It is Terrific for SEO and integration with community.
K2 has greater flexibility if you have something specific in mind and you can get all the features of Easy Blog ..plus...-- but requires tremendous customization, time, work and thought.
MyBlog is excellent for a simple blog but lacks features and is harder than K2 or Easy Blog to integrate with Joomla's others features. I often ran into conflicts between it and other extensions I use frequently.
This is my first time using Easy Blog and Komento but it will not be the last.
Many thanks to Stack Ideas!
The ultimate crunch time come few days back when somehow lost all acces to Joomla, the team at Easyblog worked with me round the clock to resolve the issue even though it turned out to be settings issue at the hosting provider..... Looking back at things now. the decision I made a year ago paid off.
You begin with a product that is well designed and very customizable.
Then you add in their support which excellent. They respond quickly and effectively, are willing to attempt anything, and are patient with novice questions. They really take care of you above and beyond the call of duty.
Put yourself in their hands and you'll be glad you did.
Sam was incredibly quick to not just fix my problems, but also to locate a couple of other issues and address those for me too. they even took over the Easyblog upgrade for me when I couldnt do it (I am not too technical).
I am impressed. These guys deserve their 5 stars.
All this you get with EasyBlog, and more. The guys who support the product know their stuff. They've developed a product that does exactly as it says on the tin! Basically, it just works. My site is a blogging and discussion website, and without EasyBlog, it wouldn't be possible. Add into the mix that it works nicely with JomSocial and you can't ask for more!
So, if you need a blogging extension to Joomla, either for your personal use, or for a wider community, then look no further than EasyBlog... you won't be disappointed.
Now the product.
I was about to take on a coder to produce a mechanism within joomla that could send out multiple feeds from one article, that would not only cover the social networking aspect with RSS feeds but post feeds on another one of my sites as well.
Well - that line was disconnected when I discovered Easyblog, which is actually an absolute god send if you want to expose yourself to the net in a simple and effective way.
It is hugely configurable and easy to set up, although the guys at stackideas can do this for you for a few extra dollars.
Not only is it a great blogging platform but a multi social networking tool that I really couldn't do without now.
If you are just a blogger than this is immense, if you are like me and using it as tool to promote your business expect a good return on this investment with its magical SEO properties!
One of the best components I have purchased at a decent price!
Where EasyBlog really shines is its support team. Replies are rapid and competent. For some of the more exotic features I wanted, they even helped me figure out how to go about adding my own module with PHP.
I don't think you can go wrong with these guys.
Shane, Thank you for your review! Alt tags are actually good for usability purposes. We have customers who uses screen readers to render the page. Nevertheless, we appreciate your feedback here but if you need any help at all removing them, feel free to contact our support at no cost :)
I've been using EasyBlog since it was beta, and even when it was beta I got AMAZING support. In fact, you will most likely get a response within minutes! This is much better than some other extensions that may take a couple days to respond, even if your website is down.
The product itself works very well, and includes some amazing features such as Zemanta integration and automatic posting to the top social networks(Facebook etc). It also integrates with Jomsocial, and makes placing ads a breeze(includes adsense integration).
Easyblog also includes many useful modules including my favorite which is a slideshow module. The Easyblog team has been quick to add some features I have requested, and bugs I have reported.
If you are looking for the best blogging solution for Joomla, Easyblog is definitely the way to go.
The sheer quality of this extension is a joy to behold. The backend admin options are extensive but laid out in such a way that everything is easy to find. Each option has a clear explanation hint.
I realise this is not a free component but that does not matter...I would have happily paid double. There may be free blogging components out there but nothing comes close to EasyBlog. It is definitely money well spent.
The guys at Stack Ideas really know what they are doing. They have obviously given the UI a lot of consideration. The way the extension hooks into other common tools such as Facebook, Twitter, JomSocial etc is fantastic.
Onto the service...WOW! These guys really know what service is. I have had a couple of queries and each time the response was fast, accurate, and polite. They put other companies to shame!
Other extension developers should look at what Stack Ideas are doing with their components, website, and support. Catch them if you can!
I have been so impressed with them that I purchased their EasyDiscuss component having only just purchased a competitors similar extension a few days before. The difference in features and service is phenomenal.
I can't wait to see what these guys come up with next. I'll be first in line to purchase it.