This Joomla! blog component was featured on the Community Choice Extensions in Joomla Extensions Directory for the month of December 2012.
Why Choose EasyBlog?
1. All-in-One blogging component to start blogging in Joomla because it has tons of features
2. EasyBlog is integrated with tons of 3rd party Joomla extensions & non-Joomla addons
3. Smooth and seamless blog layout integration with major Joomla tempates in the market
4. Great for managing team blogs and group blogging with extensive ACL flexibility
5. Top quality products backed by a team of experienced web developers (see our Reviews below)
6. Most popular Joomla Blog component that professional and novice users love
Key Features of EasyBlog
- Support multiple blog authors in a single blog extension without requiring users to login to the back end
- Start posting blogs remotely from Windows LiveWriter, ScribeFire or MarsEdit
- Migrate blogs from Joomla articles, My Blog, K2 or Wordpress
- EasyBlog bundles with a built-in blog comment system; supports Facebook Comments
- Share blogs to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and more
- Manage images, files and other medias with group media sharing in the blog dashboard
- Display news within EasyBlog from other websites or blogs via feed imports
- Create blogs from Gmail or Yahoo! Mail to appear in EasyBlog
Additional Features for EasyBlog:
- Many blog templates available supporting Joomla templates/themes
- Control spam comments with built-in captcha tool, supports Recaptcha
- Viewable in mobile phones or tablets with Weever Apps support
- Monetize your blog with display ads by Google AdSense
- Micro blogging for short and fast blogging on the fly
- Supports a variety of search engine friendly plugins
- Add geo-locations with Google Maps
- and tons more...
EasyBlog Integrations List:
• Joomla Content Editor (JCE) / Joomla CK Editor (JCK)
• EasySocial / JomSocial / Community Builder / JomWALL / MightyTouch
• JFBConnect / AutoTweetNG
• sh404SEF / joomSEF / AceSEF / SEF Advance / ARTIO JoomSEF
• SocialAds by TechJoomla
• J!MailAlerts / MailChimp
• JA Comment / JComments / Facebook Comments / Disqus / Intense Debate / Komento
• RokSprocket by RocketTheme
• iJoomla SEO
• Joomla Content Statistics
• Blogsy / Weever Apps
• and tons of other blog integrations
I just wish publishers of other extensions will borrow a leaf from stackideas. Right from installation, you have well documented step/help that shows you what to do next.. and the online chat (good job Mark!) is such a welcome feature.
But a good working extension is not the only thing to consider when buying a commercial extension for Joomla (or any extension for that matter, paid or not), a major consideration has to be the timeliness and quality of support. There is simply nothing to compare with the speed, friendliness and quality of support that comes with EasyBlog. Questions are answered amazingly fast and answers are as complete as you need. Even for someone, like myself, that dabbles in Joomla and may sometimes be a tad dense, they work with you until you "have it down", literally until you get where you need to be with your work.
If only all Joomla! extension suppliers could be this good, this fast with support and offer such quality products!!
And it gets better: on the rare occasions I've wanted to change something on the back end, I simply ask for support, and this is the 'miracle' bit, I get it! Recently hoping to adjust the size of the media manager upload thumbnail, I asked for advice and, virtually instantly, got an email suggesting a way of doing just that. It was all a bit technical for a luddite so I asked for further help. Despite my not even being able to provide FTP access details, over the course of a few hours and three emails, a member of the Easyblog support team had accessed the back of my site and changed things. The very large images I occasionaly upload now have the quality I desire.
I've been with Easyblog long enough to appreciate the benefit of upgrading from V2.0 to V3.0 and am looking forward to things getting even better with V3.5
I did try a couple of other Joomla blogging options before settling on Easyblog. All I can say is that I am, genuinely, hugely impressed with both the product and the support offered and cannot reccomend either highly enough.
But I decided to give it a try first because I needed a Blog application that fits Jomsocial and why not... it wasn't too expensive.
Let me tell you that I have been very surprised not only concerning the application itself, but about the service I got after I found one little bug displayed on a bilingual site.
4 hours, some testing and I had a patched site.
Thanks to the team, thanks to Mark :-)
EasyBlog was the ticket.
Most blogging tools have great features but they tend to lock you into a certain way of doing things. No special templating to override the look and feel. No enormous framework to figure out. If you know how to do it in Joomla then you can do it in EasyBlog.
Support is top notch. Most posts on their discussion forum are answered in a couple days or less by a tech. Give them the login information to your site and they'll generally have fixed the problem in no time flat.
Best experience I've had with 3rd party Joomla extensions.
I had never blogged before, but new it was necessary to build my website/business. So, I looked over a few extensions, and finally settled on EasyBlog. With a 30 day money back guarantee, what could I lose?
I could rave and rave about the product...but I would eat up too much space. There is so much going on with the software - it does EVERYTHING! Every time I go back to their website I discover a new feature that I didn't know about. I am constantly learning about new tricks and settings in the admin area. It you want it, it will do it! And, if it doesn't yet, then they will probably work their butts off to make it happen.
That leads me to the next point: Support.
I am always happy to pay for extensions, because it usually means that they will have good support to back up their product. Sadly, that is not always the case. Some support is slow, rude, or non-existent. That IS NOT the case with EasyBlog. Their support is one of the best I have ever come across. They are fast, knowledgeable, super friendly, and ALWAYS ready to bend over backwards to solve a problem. I can't even count the number of times they have gone above and beyond to help me out.
Sure, there have been some conflicts. I've had some issues with JomSocial, sh404sef, etc. But, they have come to the rescue each and every time, and solved the issues. They really stand behind their product, and are constantly working to make it better.
You will never regret this purchase. Get it, love it, and forget about all other blogging extensions. EasyBlog has the market covered!
I was going to use MyBlog for re-launching one of my Joomla sites, but I had a small bug and so looked around on here instead.
I gave EasyBlog a try and I am overwhelmed.
I sent support 3 emails (with pretty complicated questions, 10 in total, just customisation features I was looking for) and they answered all of them super fast and super friendly.
So the support is the best I've ever encountered (even better than the support I try to provide on my joomla website haha).
The Blog itself is awesome. I LOVE the facebook and twitter integrations, it will help to spread the word very well, plus the backend and front end all looks awesome.
My only warning is this - if you're looking for an awesome blog tool, without a doubt go for this. However, be prepared to set aside a few hours to set it all up. This is because, quite simply, there are loads of cool features, however, you may not want all of them or may want to change some minor aspects. I searched the forums and FAQs which helped solved some of mine, and sent the rest to the support ticket team, who are unbelievably good.
Overall, without a doubt, the best extension for blogging, combined with incredibly good support.