- This extension requires registration to download.
Philo Blog is a complete blog component with modules and plug-ins that has been created according to the Joomla! MVC coding guidelines. Philo Blog therefore integrates smoothly with other Joomla! modules and plugins.
A lot of hard work have been put into making a blog component that brings an easy to use administration while consisting of advanced features like TAGS, PINGING and MULTIPLE BLOGGERS. Take a quick look below at the list of features that Philo Blog offers.
* Ready to use after installation
* Tagging - add tags on the fly while creating blog articles. And search by one or all tags from each article.
* Blog Pinging - let those search engines know about your blog
* Blog categories
* Commenting system using AJAX
* Captcha - Native Joomla captcha integrated in the commenting system
* Multiple bloggers
* MyPage - keep track of your personal articles. Mypage also gives you a nice statistics module to keep track of the articles your reader likes the best + which of your articles that has the most comments.
* SEO optimized with native Joomla! 2.5 routing
* Smoothly integrates with other Joomla! modules and plugins
* Translates into other languages
* JComments is fully integrated
* Tag clouds
* Follows the Joomla! MVC component structure
* Can be overridden in your Joomla! template
* Global settings can be overridden by individual article settings
- Latest blog articles
- Latest comments
- Most commented articles
- PhiloBlog categories list
- Tags cloud
- Most popular blog articles
- PhiloBlog Ping
- Joomla Search
* User manual (online and PDF)
This is a wonderful extension. Even though it costs a little bit, it is worth it! Only $20 and for now, you can use it on as many sites as you please! This is great for me, because I will be doing a bunch of mini sites with blogs.
It is VERY easy to use and configure. You can download a PDF that has really good instructions on how to use the blog. Don't let the website fool you! The instructions are in English and are very well written. Helpful for someone who is a beginning in Joomla, but the instructions would not be needed for any higher level Joomla user than beginner.
It has the option of using the selected Joomla template for blog styling and the option to just styling that comes with the extension. The default styling that comes with Philo Blog is really basic, bright and simple. You will want to change it, but the CSS is very easy to customize, so this isn't a big deal. (As a tip, if you are changing the background color for the blog titles, etc., find the style that controls one of the titles, and use the "replace all" function in DreamWeaver, or whatever editor you use. This cuts down styling time by a lot and keeps everything the same color!)
I had emailed the developer(s) with some questions - how many domains can I use this for, is it customizable, etc. - and I got a nice response about 1.5 days later. Remember that the developer(s) are in Denmark. Don't worry, though. They speak nice English and are very friendly. :-)
Remember that, when you are setting up Bloggers, that you must create a Joomla User first, that will take on the identity of that Blogger.
As you can see, I really love this extension and I can't recommend it enough!
As another note, at least some of the accompanying extensions (latest article module, control panel icon plugin, etc.) are free, so that was a huge bonus to me! Not only did I get a nice and functional blog, but I got to fancy up my site for FREE!!!!
Bottom line - wonderful job, worth the money, easy to use, will be easy for clients to use once the site is under their control, and the developer(s) is/are friendly. :-)
Thanks again! It was a pleasure being the first person to post about this extension!
Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Nice to know that you like using PhiloBlog.