* Create multiple app instances - Each one manages its own content like items and categories.
* Create your very own custom content types to fit exactly your requirements.
* Choose from a rich set of elements like forms, images, videos, ratings and more.
* Arrange your content via drag 'n drop by assigning elements to layout positions.
* Extend categories with custom fields and sort them using drag 'n drop.
* The slick comment system supports Akismet, Gravatar, Twitter and Facebook Connect.
* Adding tags is a breeze with text suggestion, auto completion and multiple selections.
* Use our form builder to let your users submit content via the frontend of your website!
* Trusted authors can review and edit their created content directly from the frontend.
* Import your content from Joomla, CSV files and popular Joomla components
* Blog - Easily build your own weblog with features like comments, tags and social bookmarks.
* Pages - Need a static content page like a Copyright or Team page? Here you go!
After frontend submission in non-trusted mode, there is no admin notification of new submission, yet the article remains unpublished until approved by admin. This means admin needs to constantly be checking.
There is a coomets feature but, again, no admin notification of new comments
There is no way to limit the number of characters in textarea fields.
There is no way to submit a gallery in the frontend, even in trusted mode.
I know ZOO is currently under consideration for JED Editor's Pick, but I can honestly say that the current limitations should preclude it. In my opinion, ZOO was rushed into stable production in a cynical attempt to sell the companion Apps bundle, but truly, there are many features missing which are core to many other CCKs.
"Because of its length,
this field might not be editable "
Ohhhh, it failed me so terribly. A complete failure. I'm sorry. It could be great and maybe can yet. I hope I see the owner's answer.
There are currently no known issues like you described. Just send a reasonable and comprehensive bug report to info[at]... and we will help you.
It has great usability both for creating content forms and for end users, however for the more advanced users it lacks alot of documentation.
The documentation provided is very basic, and even if you subscribe to a membership, the forum isnt much of a help either.
The general attitude is "look in the code and see for yourself", and i have the impression that the ZOO team members who are active in the forum are not developers but only end users.
To sum up, this component is great for the average user, but if you are a more advanced user, be prepared to read alot of lines of code to customize the component to fit your needs.
I've been testing the front-end submission on the latest beta 2.1 release and it's outstanding!
Nice job Yoos!
Zoo also comes with a free blog application, which is pretty nice!
It is even better than K2, although K2 has better third party support. But I am sure there will be the same support soon (for sh404sef, Xmap and so on ...)
Thank You So Much....
Also, Yootheme's decision to develop applications themselves really gives members the needed benefit to want to pay for the premium content. I know that for my projects I will definitely build with ZOO.
Apart from being able to easily layout pages with point and click ease, I can also provide my clients with a super simple update method that is easier and more functional than the conventional Joomla Article Manager.
As I continue to explore the possibilities, I am sure I will learn more about functionality of the program.
Only time will tell how functional Zoo becomes, but for it's initial release, this program is second to none.
Why not 5?
I've been following YooTheme for the last 2 years and this is my first review for them.
If a small company with small potentials could have managed to do such kind of extension (++++a lot of tools integrated with it) I would probably give 99 stars, but for a company who is considered to be one of the best in their field I'm giving 4 stars.
Product catalog...no shopping cart, no wish list and checkout system...at all. Can you imagine, say, huge 15000 item catalog without any possibility to even remember what you have been looking through. What is the point of such kind of catalog? Just to look at the items? Well...maybe
I understand that it's not e-commerce extension, but sometimes people don't need the complicated carts like Virtue Mart of Magento.
I don't know if YooTheme is going to develop the shopping cart for Zoo, and it's their choice of course, but if I hear the word "Product Catalog" I think it should be some way to get it ;)
Sorry for my bad English :)
i dont get much of an error either
Personally i would me MORE than happy to pay for the full version IF i could ever get a demo version installed
Please send us an email to info[at]... and we will help you.
1. Allow the use of your default editor or if this is not possible implement 'Read more' as a parameter
2. Provide s separate forum for the free version so we can learn from each other and contribute ideas for improvement. This has to benefit everyone.
3. Sell the Zoo apps individually so we only buy what we need.
It's free to try
It's free to lear (a very good docs)
It's easy to use
It's easy to implement
sorry for my bad english
For work i search software for my client.
I test it in all part and i make report.
For Zoo i do the same for myself and this is my "short version" of report:
- customer care : Very Good. Forum
- Documentation : Very Good. (just link up)
- Implementation during application life : Lot of wish are implemented.
- Staff : Amazing.
- Use very easy
You don't need to know php for easy implementation.
You need to know how to use google to advanced implementation.
- Good FrameWork
Just modify all time 3 files for all.
Also in xml file it's easy to understud what do (and are explan ALL in docs).
At the moment ZOO 2.0 does not have front-end submission. The developers state this very clearly over and over again. This issue has been beaten to death in the forums and elsewhere. If you need this capability then ZOO is not for you, at least at the moment. I think ZOO started out as basically a catalog component and the developers did not feel front-end submission was real important. I am sure they have gotten the message and are working on it for a up coming release. Other than that limitation, which is a big one for a lot of people, this is a great component!!! Very excited to see what I can create with it and what others are going to do.
These guys have a way of taking a type of application (in this case a CCK) and creating a version that is extremely simple, reliable, and easy to work with.
Although there are more powerful CCK's out there, for me, Zoo is almost always perfect for my needs.
I REALLY appreciate how streamlined it is in the backend. Learning my way around it was very quick.
The templating system was also extremely easy to pick up.
Sorry, we simply disagree. The ZOO extension is perfectly scanned and rated by Google.
Did you know that Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking? Learn more here: http://bit.ly/dzJwYz